• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mortal Kombat Hero Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everybody. Let me just start by introducing myself. I go by the alias Turilli, and was formerly known as Luca or LucaTurilli of WC3Campaigns.
I've recently rejoined the WC3 Modding community after switching my main focus from Warcraft 3 to World of Warcraft and now back to Warcraft 3.

So I've started a new project with one of my favorite games! Mortal Kombat!
I'll go ahead and give you the layout.

----Mortal Kombat Hero Arena----

----By: Turilli & Paeyvn ----
(Paeyvn is a friend of mine from World of Warcraft, he provides many of the ideas for spells and design, however, I do all the tirggering and map design)

----Team----
Turilli - Programming
Paeyvn - Beta Tester / Idea Help
Compute(Insane) - Beta Tester
(I'm ALWAYS looking for more staff!)

----Beta or Release----
I cannot currently offer a public release of the map, for at the moment we are in the stages of testing hero balance. However, we expect a public release and hostable B.net version of the map within a month to a month and a half!

----Summary----
Choose your favorite character from a huge selection of Mortal Kombat heros and villians! Stage yourself with 4 allies against another team of 5 in a hero arena with occasional 1 v 1 and 5 v 5 duels! Build and master your favorite character according to your play style and become the champion of Mortal Kombat!

----Features----
-70+ Playable UNIQUE heroes from all MK Games (IE: MK:Mythologies, MK: Special Forces)
-4 unique abilities for each hero, designed for maximum synergy and fun combos!
-An interactive arena consisting of classic Mortal Kombat stages linked together. (Interactivity consists of things such as: Trees in living froest eating heroes.)
-Occasional 1 v 1 and 5 v 5 duels in which teamwork and strategy is greatly needed.
-Strategic combat - there will be no tombs, your will customize your hero with static items!
-*possibly* fatalities - each hero could be given a fatality cinematic that will result in an instant kill. However this would be implimented much later.

----Progress----
Heroes: [][][][][][][][][][] - 60% (40 completed)
Terrain: [][][][][][][][][][] - 0%
Triggers: [][][][][][][][][][] -25%
Custom GFX: Undecided

----Additional Info----
I'm always looking for additional beta testers.
Currently we host official beta tests and public beta tests.
-Official Tests
-- Official tests are held normally when a large sum of heroes are added that need extensive testing. These tests are limited only to special players that have showed much interest and support in these maps. During these tests a ventrillo server is offered so that we can all have a great time!
-Public Tests
-- Public tests are never scheduled. They are hosted randomly on B.net to get an idea of how the public likes our heroes. (We're getting great feedback!) However, this could cease to happen as another MK Hero Arena project has revealed itself to me, and I have found my map has been uploaded for download on the internet.
-Current Stage
--The map is currently in the stages of testing hero balance. There is a small arena set up in which FFA's, 2 v 2 v 2 v 2's, and 4 v 4's can take place. However, the current arena and map's mechanics will all be scrapped once the heroes are finished and the actual terrain of the map is started.
---The map is also run on a series of admin commands controlled by Player 1, so it is not user friendly (we've purposely done this so users will be discouraged from rehosting the map).

----Information about me----
-My current abilities are not as extreme as many of my mapping brethren, however, I do have enough skill to string together a map.
-I do not know jass, but am very resourceful with triggers and do come up with original ideas.
-I'm always looking for more staff, and would love to have custom models in the map. (If your interested in doing that for me, feel free to post here or register on http://wc3mkheros.proboards67.com/ (our forums))
--We're looking for long term beta testers, modelers, and hardcore MK fans to help us out with the map. Please feel free to contribute any ideas or register on our forums to support us!

Thanks for reading guys! Hope this project has caught your eye!

Last edited:
Level 4
Certainly, I'm hoping this game goes into a league of its own.

Currently we are developing Kano http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kano_(Mortal_Kombat_character)

My co-creators aunt is actually deathly ill right now, so he's not been able to help me recently. I'm at a stump right now for him.

He currently has two abilities, one which slightly increases his attack damage, however stacks as you use it. And one is a rather ordinary nuke.

He needs some defensive ability or possibly utility. I want something really new for him.

All ideas are welcome - just keep in mind, I have no jass capability.

Level 4
Ah, thanks for the offer man, but I've basically got GUI down.

However if you've done any spells that you might find suitable for Mortal Kombat Characters, feel free to suggest you and you will be properly credited and appreciated =)

I'll put a list of completed heroes up in a few.

Kano's really becoming a road block without my co-creator here. Usually we can work magic, but alone I'm just coming blank.

Level 4
Yea, his abilities. I have two done at the moment.
One which is just his typical eye beam (nuke)
The other is a melee damage increasing spell, that stacks upon casting.

He's quite capable of dealing damage as he is, so I'm thinking of adding some sort of utility spell and defensive spell. Possibly another damage spell based upon some abstract variable.

Level 4
Could be. But atleast it will give it a lot of replay value, and no one will have their favorite character left out.

And more than 10 heroes in a hero arena... seems like you should atleast expect like 20 ^^

Last edited:
Level 1
i ALWAYS get worked up anout more than 10 heros in games like this, u could have 100 heros and like 40 of them will never be used

This is definately true, but we're striving to try and give every hero their own appeal and give people the desire to play each and every one of them by making them all unique. So far we've had so many different responses on favorite and least favorite characters. There's something that appeals to everyone, and so far we can happily say that we've found someone who prefers just about every one of the characters we've completed to date.

Btw, I'm Paeyvn, Turilli's co-creator. I've been out of the loop for the past few days as he has mentioned cause my aunt is dying after fighting stomach cancer for over a year. Hopefully I'll be a bit more active in the near future and hopefully I can get him through this roadblock on Kano.

Level 4
Heya guys! We're really looking for some creative minds for this. Paeyvn and I have been stuck on Kano for quite a little bit, we need some spell ideas for this guy!

Keep in mind, we are looking for maximum synergy! Feel free to submit any sort of ideas here ^_^

Level 1
Heya guys! We're really looking for some creative minds for this. Paeyvn and I have been stuck on Kano for quite a little bit, we need some spell ideas for this guy!

Keep in mind, we are looking for maximum synergy! Feel free to submit any sort of ideas here ^_^

Doesn't help the rage idea and the synergy built off it fell through due to the lag glitch =/

Level 2
Hey Turrili :D first of all rember me? second of all i'll help in any way i can,
For his moves... heres what the gam used.
Inner rage.
Fists of power.
Cannon ball.
Eye laser.

BTW: what did you do for reptiles slideing move? I actually made an animtion that slides him across the floor and deals a row of damage where he slid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.