• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mordork's Quest

How good do you think Mordork's Quest is? (You must have played the campaign)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
General Information
soa1preview3jo.jpg

Genre:
w3n.gif

Map Name: Mordork's Quest
Map Author: Med. MapGuy and Dreacon
Suggested Players: 1
Difficulty: Medium
Number of Missions: 5
  • 1: Chapter One - LeChunk`s Revenge
    2: Chapter Two - Wastes of Westfall
    3: Chapter Three - The Road to Aroth
    4: Chapter Four - Arothian Cityscapes
    5: Epilogue - Hidden Truth
Description: The third chapter of the Joe`s Chronicles series.
This tale is about Mordork`s dire quest to warn the world of impending doom.

Download

Review

Mordork's Quest is the third campaign in The Joe`s Chronicles series. This campaign of the series takes place in Azeroth, in the human nations of Elwynn Forest and Westfall.

Mordork's Quest begins in Azeroth, in Elwynn Forest where Mordork sees a vision in which the Lich King is talking to a mysterious being, called LeChunk. He then leaves the place where he is being healed and travels to Stormwind, the capatol of Elwynn Forest, to warn the king of the danger that is upon all of Azeroth.

Mordork rides through Elwynn Forest...

This campaign has two playable missions and three cinematics, all of which were of great quality. Although there is only two playable missions, these missions are very large, and this campaign can still take along time to complete.

I found the terrain in the maps excelent. A large number of imported skins and models made the entire map look quite good. Although in some places I found that the terrain did not look very good, and sometimes doodads were not placed together very well, I only found these things in the first map. But overall the terrain was very good, and worthy of at least a 4.5/5.

The cinematics in the campaign were of excellent quality. The camera work was good and the music fitted in well with the scenes. The only thing the cinematics were lacking though was voice acting.

Mordork, Grimmicky and Legolamb aproach their destination....

The triggering work in the campaign was quite good. You can hardly go around a corner in Mordork's Quest without something happening, whether it be some enemies coming out of no where, some allies waiting for you or just a few children playing a game.

The spells that the characters had were very effective. They had good special effects and fitted with the characters well. A number of custom icons also made the entire game look better.

One thing I definitely enjoyed in this campaign was the humour. Along with a lot of ripoffs from The Lord of the Rings some of the characters had quite hilarious names. I haven’t seen humour like this in many campaigns before.

The city of Stormwind, the capatol of the humans...

Overall the campaign was excellent. I give it 4.5 stars, as there were still a few minor bugs within the campaign. I would encourage every one to download, and play this campaign to the end.

-Bob27

Level 10
If you've played any of his other campaigns (i.e. joe's quest) you would quickly realize that he probably wasn't anti-LOTR but rather likes to poke fun of things and/or add elements from other games. (i.e. the escape from monkey island series)

I thought this campaign was pretty good but in the cinematics the skies kept getting messed up since I think he used some special/custom/moving sky. <--I haven't had time to look at this yet

EDIT:Yah he does have a wierd custom sky box going on for him. . .does anyone know how he did it? I couldn't figure it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.