• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moo Moo v3.8 Generation X

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info & Description
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moo Moo v3.8 Generation X
Hate it or love it the new generation of Moo Moo is arrived, I hope you love version Moo Moo v3.8 Generation X, now defend moo moo or moo's girlfriend? sassy? ^_^

Join up to 5 friends in an epic battle to protect Thunderbluff from the evil centaur raiders!
Choose over 51 different heroes and make them stronger with over 350 items to choose from.

Authors:
Created by: Red|Beef
Ideas by: x3pt, Lightningstrike, & Hunter_Demon
Updated by: json
Uploaded by: fransjay01

Credits
x3pt
Lightningstrike
Hunter_Demon

Moo New Design By: json
MooPortal Webmaster: Firelord - for the new site and map hosting
www.hiveworkshop.com - spells, icons, models and map hosting
www.epicwar.com - map hosting
www.MooPortal.com - map hosting
the Helpers net - other triggers

Beta Testers
BlueSlayer, Jumung, Warmest, WaLkInStIck, WingedPanther, Didgy, oldyoungest,
pinoyz, Altuz, and Levertand.

Special Thank to the members www.MooPortal.com & http://z3.invisionfree.com/MooPortal
Contents

Moo Moo v3.8 Generation X (Map)

Reviews
16:20, 17th Dec 2008 Rui: "Moo Moo Rebirth" is an Arena-Defense map where you hire a hero and defend the Moo Moo Chieftain, on the center of the map. See my whole review here.

M

16:20, 17th Dec 2008
Rui:
"Moo Moo Rebirth" is an Arena-Defense map where you hire a hero and defend the Moo Moo Chieftain, on the center of the map.

See my whole review [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=81280#post944542]here[/self].

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is my review for "Moo Moo v2.6 Rebirth".

Rui's Review (for this map's version 2.6)
Pluses and Minuses
√ Machine/Net-friendly
√ Spelling & Grammar
√ Bug-free

+/- Hive Workshop Requirements
+/- Re-playing worth
+/- Fun Factor/Gameplay
+/- Imported Material
+/- Originality
+/- Balance
+/- Packaging

(X) Terrain
(X) Object Editor work quality
(X) Pack mule child
"Moo Moo Rebirth" is a Defense map, apparently the continuation of a map by the name "Moo Moo". The map does not lag, has decent grammar and spelling, and is bug-free.

I suggest we start off with the map's first-sight look. To these people who don't know the old "Moo Moo", your description doesn't clarify anything. The image of the map is OK, I guess.
About the map itself... well, I don't see anything special about it. The map has heroes, overpowered items, and overall boring waves. There are a thousand maps that contain all these (wrong) elements already, which means "Moo Moo Rebirth" has little to nothing special in originality concerns. Playing a different hero is the only reason you would want to replay it... if you really liked the game, that is.

The things I disliked mostly were the terrain and the overall object editor work quality. All the abilities were standard Warcraft III spells with a few edits on them (and even though they had correct tooltips, the tooltips' text wasn't very clarifying about the spells' effect,
sometimes leading you to believe the skill is an active ability while it is actually passive). A traditional mistake: to put activate buttons on passive abilities. The quantity of items on the Moo Moo Chieftain was also unnecessary. A maximum of 3 healing items would have been enough.
The terrain is yet another downside on "Moo Moo Rebirth": the structure is poor, and the elevation/ground texture variation is even worse.
My suggestion is that the creator to restructure the terrain, remove useless stuff and unneeded imports. The balance of the game is also asking to be remade.
Finally, I snapped with the pack mule child joke. I demand you remove it.
My rating for this resource is 2/5 (Lacking), Reviewed.

Last edited:
Level 19
fransjay01, your map is good, quite fun to play after we encountered the higher levels, but when we(the players) started we were totally caught on surprise when around 80 minions came rampaging. I would recommend that you would at least give us the impression or at least a tip of the magnitude of the enemy's army size.

I somehow disliked that the game was mostly based on potions to stay alive and the fact that we weren't introduced to any quests without searching for them. It would be nice if you could give us some quests while we wait for the next round to begin.

Overall the map is alright but I find it somewhat lacking. 3/5

Last edited:
Level 30
First of all, i was very surprised as i repicked a hero after some time playing (hero level 22) and got a randomized, new one, without any level, gold or item refunds.
You should either disable repicking after some rounds or you should add the refunds mentioned above.
Well, some items were quite "overpowered", others "underpowered" for their costs of gold.
I´d like to see improvements affecting the hero-repicking and items as well as the overall gameplay.
Add something like a minigame after each boss round maybe?
(Collect 10 eggs, placed somewhere at random positions in specific areas of the map, in 30 seconds, just to give an example)

Level 2
This is the best version of all moo moo map (GX)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I rate this map 5/5:thumbs_up:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 9
Map Review

The Girl in the display pic is hot so that gives you a point. +1
The Story is Kinda boaring so thats -1
The Terrain is average so ill give you a 0
The skills and abilities are average 0
Balance -2
I like the "idea" of the map +1
I like suprises and interesting things to do with the enemy. You did this slightly so ill give you a +.5
For the general atmosphere of the game i will give you about a +2
And for the effort i felt in the game. +1

So in total. Thats a 5.5 - 3

2.5!

Only 2.5 points to go until ure map pwns.

My advise would to be work on the things that are totaly shit about your map. These are what let you down. Dont allow people to have something bad to say. Try giving your map an overall boost in all areas that are suffering.