• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mods Manually Uploading Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Are there any specific conditions your map must meet before a mod will help you upload a map manually, if your map cannot be uploaded via the script/web site for any reason? I understand that a map over 4MB can be uploaded by a mod if you ask nicely.

I am asking as I have a problem with uploading a map. I know if I uncheck the "Remove as much WE data as possible" when using Vexorian's Map Optimiser the problem will be resolved. However, I am very reluctant to do so for personal reasons. If I can ask the mods to upload the map for me, my troubles will be gone (hopefully not at the expense of troubling another).

Level 10
1. The mods won't upload a map that is completely crap, obviously.
2. I think the size limit on this site is higher than 4 MB, isn't it? At least many cinematics already had more than 4 MB, e.g. 6 or 7 MB and they were just posted normally, I think.
3. If you want to ask the mods to upload your map, ask them. But at first you should try if you really can't upload it the normal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.