Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mods Manually Uploading Map

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by CowerFool, May 30, 2006.

1. CowerFool

CowerFool

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are there any specific conditions your map must meet before a mod will help you upload a map manually, if your map cannot be uploaded via the script/web site for any reason? I understand that a map over 4MB can be uploaded by a mod if you ask nicely.

I am asking as I have a problem with uploading a map. I know if I uncheck the "Remove as much WE data as possible" when using Vexorian's Map Optimiser the problem will be resolved. However, I am very reluctant to do so for personal reasons. If I can ask the mods to upload the map for me, my troubles will be gone (hopefully not at the expense of troubling another).

2. Waldbaer

Waldbaer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. The mods won't upload a map that is completely crap, obviously.
    2. I think the size limit on this site is higher than 4 MB, isn't it? At least many cinematics already had more than 4 MB, e.g. 6 or 7 MB and they were just posted normally, I think.
    3. If you want to ask the mods to upload your map, ask them. But at first you should try if you really can't upload it the normal way.

3. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, actually its the other way around. Use of protectors and optimizers will increase your chances of upload problems.

If a normal map wont upload, often the problem is not on our end. Only oversized maps/campaigns are manually uploaded.
    -VGsatomi

4. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let me point out that the site should be able to accept any map that can be played in wc3. Instead of trying to 'unprotect' maps to read data that the user could input or that are meaning less. Or well if the site wants to do stuff automatically it should at least do so correctly.

5. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So many people cant even select a simple catagory when uploading their map, let alone be asked to fill in any other relevant information and actually be expected to comply.
    -VGsatomi