• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modern Warfare Map..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So basically my idea of this game is like this:
-You are a General in this game.. You can only build things and order units but you cant control them directly.. Like in real life Warfares.. You cant control tanks and units directly.
-You can order them through a command post building or something.
-Units have rankings. Sergeant, Captain, Corporal, Private.. etc.
-In every rankings.. this Unit can control a group or platoon.
-You can order Sergeant, Capt etc.. to Order their unders to do something..
-Basically I want to do this coz Players have hard time controlling many units. I want the players to only control one unit and the other units can think on their own.
-So Probably 6 players can only play.. since the other 6 players will be reserved for controls of the units you produce.
So what do you think guys about this concept? I will be using modern units in this game so ill be importing models to my map..

Level 25
well im looking for more ideas coz im gonna start making the map next week if the idea is good.

I would say chill a bit on starting to create your map. It is easy to stop halfway if it is not planned enough.

Such as; okay, now you got how the map/units am to work. But how about the purpose of the map? How do one win? Is it just a regular melee-map but with this kind of system as unit-control? Or is it more castle-fight like? Maybe you have decided that already, but show us more about your plans as well. Easier for us to support you as well.

Apart from that, good luck with your project, I am sure you can pull this off without any huge problems.

Happy map-making!

Level 6
yeah.. im still deciding if im really gonna start it next week.
Well for the purpose.. what do you mean by that?
for the winning conditions.. im still thinking but i say since you are a commander in the game(so basically you have a hero).. Once you get killed you get defeated.
and for the Melee map thingy.. Still deciding coz the idea that i said is just an outline of the game so still deciding for the features.
Castle fight??
anyway, im gonna release a first version of the map just containing the ideas that i said so dont expect it to be awesome or anything else and if all goes well then ill continue dev'ing the map.

Level 6

Your idea is different from mine.. Yours is an altered melee map, units are custom. My idea is different, Maybe you thought we have the same because its modern warfare too?..
Well i realized that most modern warfare melee games are pretty hard too play because you have alot of units and you need to order them one by one. but in my idea, I altered the control system.

Example of a wc3 game that you will have hard time controlling is some heroes in DotA, If you know broodmother, Youll have hard time controlling the hero and its spiderlings coz they are dissimilar unit.

Level 25
By purpose I mean what do you do in the map, sort of. But it sounds to me now that this is some kind of PvP but with lots of units, Commander vs. Commander thingy?

Well, Castle fight is a map where you build buildings, that spawns units that you can't order at all. And they run towards the enemy base.

Alright, looking forward to check it out to understand what you're after a bit more.

Level 6
The basic concept of this map is like a chess game.. You are the king and you have units by rank on your sides. When the king gots eaten/killed game ends. and its pretty much like castle fight but here you can order your unders.(Sergeant, Lieutenant.. etc..) to what to do.. each ranks has a limited number of units undered on him. which he controls on his own. You build buildings and you control the produce of units but you cant control them directly. Right now my main problem is the AI enemys and alliance system.

Status
Not open for further replies.