• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modern Unit Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
[RAINBOW]Modern Unit Queue Game Interface - Created by jonadrian619[/RAINBOW]

Well I don't know if you can upload UI textures in Skins section but still I doubt this texture will be approved even if I upload it. Anyways I'll try. For now this will be showcased in Game & Icon Interface forum and see how you guys like it.

Modern Unit Queue Preview.jpg

Info:
Here is the unit queue + progress bar I have made (100% freehand and photoshopped) for my warfare CTF map Demolition X. I have named it Modern Unit Queue because of it's more modern look in-game compared to the default Wc3 Unit Queue. This is my first totally freehand texture using Adobe Photoshop CS using the skills I got from the graphics tutorials I have researched.

Well I wanted to make a new concept in unit queues, and instead of squares that contain the icons of the units trained or upgrades researched, I have made spherical figures to make a more different look and a modern-style unit queue. This unit queue is best used for Warfare maps, Space maps or maps that have a sort of 'spacey' or futuristic theme or in a modern warfare setting.

Import Paths:
Here are the files inside the .zip in this thread, besides them their corresponding import paths when used in your map.
Modern Unit Queue - UI\Widgets\Console\Human\human-unitqueue-border.blp
Modern Progress Bar Border - UI\Feedback\BuildProgressBar\human-buildprogressbar-border.blp
Modern Progress Bar Fill - UI\Feedback\BuildProgressBar\human-buildprogressbar-fill.blp

If you want to know how to make your own unitqueue then [RAINBOW]step right this way[/RAINBOW].

Tips and Tricks:
To make the 'Training' and 'Research' texts blend w/ this unit queue's colors, go to Advanced>Game Interface then find Text - General - 'Training' and Text - General - 'Researching' fields then add a gray hex color code (like c44444444 or anything grayish). There you go, your unit queue interface is complete!

+rep appreciated.
And please give me credit when you use it in your map. Don't edit it without my permission. [Readme available inside the .zip]

Attachments

• Modern Unit Queue.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.