• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Models] - (Attachments) chainsaw, bomb defuser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
modelers: i humbly ask for your help on two separate requests; meaning you can help me with one and i won't expect you to help me on the other. i need two weapons to attach to a marine model: a chainsaw and a bomb defuser. these are for an awesome bomberman-style game, that i'm just polishing up and adding a couple more items to. you will receive credit, +rep, and whatever else i can do for you.

here is the model i need to attach the weapons to:

marinenoweapon.jpg

don't worry about the scaling, rotation, or translation of the attachments. i can fix those easy enough in War3ModelEditor.

Request 1 - Chainsaw weapon attachment

marinechainsaw.jpg

i do NOT want you to make a model this detailed. this picture is just to give you a basic idea of the shape/dimensions of the chainsaw that i would like. however, i would like you to use in-game textures and a low poly count to keep the model size low.
the only chainsaw-like model i have found is a "chainsword" (ChainSword by PyramidHe@d - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site) by PyramidHe@d and that didn't work because the marine's hands are too far apart and the sword to looked like it was cutting through his hands.

Required Animations
Stand 1- chainsaw off, unanimated.
Stand 2- chainsaw on, with blades moving quickly around edge.

Request 2 - Bomb Defuser Weapon Attachment
i am not sure what a bomb defuser should look like. if you're up for it, get creative! by all means, make a giant wire clipper or something:

mkbde4-4.jpg

i will appreciate whatever you can make me. the bomb that this weapon has to defuse is
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47880&prev=search=bomb&d=list&r=20.

Required Animations
Stand - unanimated.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.