• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model wont show up on map!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I imported the files for the ninja, and i inserted them in the unit art areas. But the thing is on WE it shows the checkered box and in game the model is invisible.

Level 2
Usually, the only reason things like this happen is because you have the wrng path for the model and/or skin. For some models and most skins, you need to change the path in the import manager from warcraftmapimported/yourimportedfile to something else. If the paths are not provided by the poster, you may need warcraft Image extractor, which can help you quickly find the skin (and therefore path) that you are having trouble with.[/i]

Level 1
Atrociononde said:
Usually, the only reason things like this happen is because you have the wrng path for the model and/or skin. For some models and most skins, you need to change the path in the import manager from warcraftmapimported/yourimportedfile to something else. If the paths are not provided by the poster, you may need warcraft Image extractor, which can help you quickly find the skin (and therefore path) that you are having trouble with.[/i]

I have the image extractor. I don't see how it's supposed to help you find the path.

Level 1
OMG YEAH SAME HERE

Yeah, I have the same problem, I've tried for hours but just don't get it. Can't anyone upload an example .w3x so we can all learn and you don't have to hear all those noob questions.

Please, upload or mail me an example .w3x

Thanks,
Marghasz

Level 1
*UPDATE*

I import the .mdx and then I change the path into war3mapImported/HU Jeep. I make a new custom unit and change art - model into imported: war3mapImported/HU Jeep. Then I restart World Edit and try to place the unit on the map. I get a checkered box and the error can't load HU Jeep. MDL !! So I convert the .mdx into .mdl and try it again. Now, I get no error but I still get the checkered box. Now what IN HELL am I doing wrong?!!?! I tried this like 20 times and beginning to get sick of it.

So please help me, because my monitor is going to get trown out of the window.

Regards,
Marghasz

Level 1
Same problem here tryed all that they say in other posts but it just does'nt work. Contiully get the checkerd cube, really frustrating. Plz some help!?

Level 2
YES I HAVE GOT THE same Problem and with image extractor II you only have the path's for the skins of those wich had blizzard made and all those wich has not been made by blizzard dont give those path's PLEASE HELP US maybe you think '*oooooh* all those n00bs' BUT WHE NEED HELP PLEASE NOW
ps and even with those that dont have skins (like bloodpriest) STILL DONT WORK. HELP US[/b]

Level 1
Yeah, let's make this the overall 'the model wont show on map' post. Everyone who has the problem, post a reply, so we can fight for an example .w3x!!

Level 4
ok try this, IT TOOK ME LIKE 10 SECS TO FIND OUT, if u have already tried this and it still didnt work, U HAVE A BIG PROBLEM, REINSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, it goes like this;

1) import the .mdx AND all the skins that come with it
2) look at the skin file url (the path that is in the folder but forgetting the folder name, eg. (Demo/)Units/neutral/demo/demo1.blp, but changing all the "/"s to "\"s OR look on the internet at the download page, it will have a list of paths, use them with the correct filename
3) repeat step 2 with all skins
4) SAVE
5) (i never have to do this but u might) restart WorldEdit

that should do it, if this is a bit complicated, i will do a demonstration

this is the first model on the list for me so im not picking one cuz i like it

1) download the snake model ( http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=50&sid=e3e691976436810c0964bd50c61104d7 )
2) import the snake model
3) import the file called; Displacer.blp
4) double click on the Displacer.blp info in the import manager
5) change the url/path to Displacer.blp (because it says to in the "number of skins" category)
6) import the file called TeamGlow01a.blp
7) double click on the TeamGlow01a.blp info in the import manager
8 ) change the url/path to TeamGlow01a.blp (because it says to in the "number of skins" category)
9) save

Extra detail, in the NoS (No. of skins) list it names 4, but i only told u to import 2, only import the hilighted ones, and if the file does not include them, then do not worry, they r part of the game

10) reboot World Edit
11) now look at the snake model, it should be completley visible

this WILL(/should) work, now try this with other downloaded models

if there are any more probs, post them and i will try to help...

Level 2
I SAY ONLY THING IT WORKS THANK YOU MISTER EEEEH HOW YOU NA :D :D :D MED OKE I WILL NAME YOU GOD THANK YOU GOD *smak* *smak* oh i love u

Level 3
eh? i dont get it. how do i import the displacer and that other one? i dont get it. im so confused. wtf am i supposed to do? i dont understand ur instructions. :?:

Level 3
another thing. if u ppl have the same problem as the one posted, THEN WHY DO U TELL US!? if u have the same problem, than dont tell us about it, help us solve it! its like this, ppl posted they have teh problem, then 4 other posts saying the same thing. STOP WASTING SPACE!

Level 4
Ghost_Of_Monk said:
how are you supposed to import displacer and that other one?

omg -.- now this is a serious case of the newbies...

how do u think? the same way u imported the model, then u change the path, the displacer is in the same folder and if not then in another folder in the same zip... look closer...

my instructions are as straight forward as possible, anything more descriptive will be; "move the mouse 5cm to the right then click twice on the folder"

plz plz PLZ try them first (the instructions that is), if u dont understand, dont just come running to tell me that they r too complicated... :roll:

Level 1
I think my problem is the path, you always say that it's standing right there on the download page, or in a readme file or something; but what about this one:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=215

There is no path on the page, and no readme file included. Would you please be so nice to tell me which path I should use...?

Level 4
this is a post for all u newbies out there -.-

this model is not one i like (i hate it) but it was the one that guy above me asked abbout recently -.-

Model Name:
Builder.MDX

File Name:
Builder.zip

Model Submitted by:
Killst4r

Model uploaded:
7. April 2004

Last modified:
7. April 2004

URL:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=215

Model Name:
BuilderAnimated

Number of Polys:

Number of Skins:

Skin 1: Builder.blp

Animations:

Anim 1: Death

Anim 2: Stand

Anim 3: Walk

Download Counter:
79 times downloaded

Rating:

Not Rated   
Rate this resource

Download this Model:
Builder.zip (19.9 kilobytes)

Important Note:
Some people see the zip archive empty after downloading. But its not. Simply right click on the zip file and choose "extract all". Or you can alternately use WinRAR or WinZip. There you right click on the zip file as well and choose "extract here" or "extract all"

how hard can it b to find the skin paths? in future, plzplzPLZPLZPLZ look at the skin paths (hilighted in BRIGHT RED) i even made a tutorial about this -.-, obviously nobody looked at it >.<

Level 3
the problem is that, i dl the model, i import it, i change the path name, i go to art-model, and teh model wont show up. and i made sure the path is right. i tried 4 different ones for the ninja. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!

Level 1
The thing with

Skin 1: Builder.blp

is, that it COULD be just a file name. No sign that it is a path.

Yeah, alright, I should have read your tutorial more carefully, but I did it just after I posted my first post above.

I don't really like the model very much either, but I have to do something till Starcraft 2 comes out... ;)

Level 3
o.k i will help,were did u download the model from?
if it is from this site the path is in green writting +if you are still stuck go to tutorials and go to darky27's how to import models.USE THE GOBLIN MODEL HE USES FOR THE EXAMPLE ALL WILL BECOME CLEAR DO NOT WORRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.