• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello ^)
I am developing a map and i need special model there. I suppose it is not really hard to do, but i do not know anything about modelling.

So I need hexagon model (simple plane), which uses custom texture/ for example
"hak_ca.blp".
7 verticles 6 faces (one v is in center)

hexagon-video.png

But, it has 7 animations, one is simple "stand" it is centered on center of the texture. 6 other animations just show hexagons around the center. or any other amount, i will be happy with 6, if it has more animations it will be cool

the example of texture 164x184 px

attachment.php

here is more interesting one) with my icons

attachment.php

and please teach me how to change the textures inside this model, so i will be able to make a lot of them "hak_cb.blp", "hak_cc.blp", "hak_cd.blp".
i am complete noob, if Mdlvis can be used there it will be good

Attachments

• exot.png
    exot.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 220
  • twmi.png
    twmi.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Level 18
I think I can help you, but don't understand completely what you want.

I think that you whant:
A model that consist of one set of 7 hexagons, with only 1 custom texture for all 7 of them. Then in the animations it must show only the center hexagon with only 1 of the outer hexagons??? (plus an animation that only show the center one) ??

PS: your icons are awesome man, I will gladly help you (if I have enough skill to do it)

Level 30
I think I can help you, but don't understand completely what you want.

I think that you whant:
A model that consist of one set of 7 hexagons, with only 1 custom texture for all 7 of them. Then in the animations it must show only the center hexagon with only 1 of the outer hexagons??? (plus an animation that only show the center one) ??

PS: your icons are awesome man, I will gladly help you (if I have enough skill to do it)

Ok it show only one, only one frame per hexagon. Thats all 7 haxogns 7 different, from one texture. I think it can be done by making 7 hexagons with alpha there so in every frame you will get one visible from them

And thanks for the help:)

Level 18
Ok it show only one, only one frame per hexagon. That's all 7 hexagons 7 different, from one texture. I think it can be done by making 7 hexagons with alpha there so in every frame you will get one visible from them

And thanks for the help:)

OK, then. I can try something that shows only 1 of the 7 hexagons in each animation. Also I will do it with different geosets so for each animation only 1 geoset will be visible.

Animations could be named as upgrades. example
  • Hexagon 1: anim "Stand"
  • Hexagon 2: anim "Stand upgrade 1"
  • Hexagon 7: anim "stand upgrade 6"
Also the easiest way to change the texture is to upload the new one with the name of the original. This works unless you want multiple of this hepta-hexagons at the same time with different textures.

PS: also in the stand animation I think that the hexagons won't move, but for example the work animations could show them changing. PLus and extra animation that can show them a full round changing.

PS2: for what do you want this model, that could help me do it.

Level 30
OK, then. I can try something that shows only 1 of the 7 hexagons in each animation. Also I will do it with different geosets so for each animation only 1 geoset will be visible.

Animations could be named as upgrades. example
  • Hexagon 1: anim "Stand"
  • Hexagon 2: anim "Stand upgrade 1"
  • Hexagon 7: anim "stand upgrade 6"
Also the easiest way to change the texture is to upload the new one with the name of the original. This works unless you want multiple of this hepta-hexagons at the same time with different textures.

PS: also in the stand animation I think that the hexagons won't move, but for example the work animations could show them changing. PLus and extra animation that can show them a full round changing.

PS2: for what do you want this model, that could help me do it.

I plan to make custom gameplay elements with this, casting spells, upgrading something, backpack.. :) it will be in my project Heroes and Kingdoms you can read about it here

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1201863

And yes I plan to have a lot of them with different textures, so can I manage to change the texture name in Mdlvis?

Level 18
OK then, I will start making the model. (a bit late over here so I will post it here tomorrow, in about 12 hours)

PS: you will be able to change the texture in MAGOS with ease, just that you will need to import many times the model for each different texture that it uses. (not a problem with such a small model.) Also textures must have the same size to be correctly changed, for example 128x128, or 256x256.

Level 30
OK then, I will start making the model. (a bit late over here so I will post it here tomorrow, in about 12 hours)

PS: you will be able to change the texture in MAGOS with ease, just that you will need to import many times the model for each different texture that it uses. (not a problem with such a small model.) Also textures must have the same size to be correctly changed, for example 128x128, or 256x256.

Oh thank you so much man:)
p.s. Magos unfortunatelly does not opens :( I dont know what to do with it. Mdlvis opens

Level 18
Its done, the hexagons models use this animations tags:

• "No tag": shows all the 7 hexagons.
  • Gold: shows an animation of the 6 outer hexagons going 1 by 1 around the central hexagon (it shows all the time the central hexagon).
  • Lumber: shows an animation of the 6 outer hexagons going 1 by 1 around the central hexagon (it doesn't show the central hexagon).
  • Flesh: shows only the central hexagon.
  • Defend: shows only hexagon 1 (top one).
  • Channel: shows only hexagon 2.
  • Alternate: shows only hexagon 3.
  • Morph: shows only hexagon 4.
  • Victory: shows only hexagon 5.
  • Throw: shows only hexagon 6.

Also I have added a test map so you can see the all tags in action.

PS: about the changing of texture, well in Magos is very easy and I don't know how to use Mdlvis. You just open the model, then go to Texture Manager (right click, import ) the one you will use. Next step go to Material Manager and select Material "blablabla" then select MaterialLayer. In the box that will appear under Texture ID, change the texture for the one you will use. Ok Ok and you are done, just don't forget to change the previews texture in texture manager.

Edit: removed previews versions and old test map.

Last edited:
Level 30
Its done, the hexagons models use this animations tags:

• Gold: shows an animation of the 6 outer hexagons going 1 by 1 around the central hexagon (it shows all the time the central hexagon).
  • Lumber: shows an animation of the 6 outer hexagons going 1 by 1 around the central hexagon (it doesn't show the central hexagon).
  • Flesh: shows only the central hexagon.

Also I have added a test map so you can see the all tags in action.

PS: about the changing of texture, well in Magos is very easy and I don't know how to use Mdlvis. You just open the model, then go to Texture Manager (right click, import ) the one you will use. Next step go to Material Manager and select Material "blablabla" then select MaterialLayer. In the box that will appear under Texture ID, change the texture for the one you will use. Ok Ok and you are done, just don't forget to change the previews texture in texture manager.

Oh cool will test it %)

Level 18
Ok JollyD I have now fixed the horizontal and x,y,z position problem. Pls test it and tell me if you need something more.

• Gold: shows an animation of the hexagons displaying from 1 to 6.
  • Lumber: shows an animation of the hexagons displaying from 0 to 6 (0=mid hexagon).
  • Flesh: shows only the central hexagon (hexagon 0).

Attachments

• Test JollyD hexagons horizontal.w3x
    285.2 KB · Views: 70
  • hak_aa.blp
    113.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Hexa Model_Horizontal.mdx
    10.6 KB · Views: 68
Level 30
Ok JollyD I have now fixed the horizontal and x,y,z position problem. Pls test it and tell me if you need something more.

• Gold: shows an animation of the hexagons displaying from 1 to 6.
  • Lumber: shows an animation of the hexagons displaying from 0 to 6 (0=mid hexagon).
  • Flesh: shows only the central hexagon (hexagon 0).

yeah this is actually what i need ) thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.