• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model request: Triple barrel tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

I'd like someone to gather inspiration from:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...3_Game1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100626110224

And create a model for Warcraft 3 perhaps with undead inspiration if even possible for a tank? The only constant I'd like is triple barrels, when a barrel fires, the entire barrel rotates, and only the firing barrel suffers recoil. After firing all 3 barrels, the tank does a short reload and repeats. I'd also accept a "lazy" model which is just copy paste.

Credit and plus rep for this model will be given :)

Level 4
Wow, people try to help you and you in turn are just being freaking mean.
With that attitude, I doubt anyone will help you...

Like I said, this is the request section, I am aware it reads "...however we cannot guarantee that your request may be answered" so it would be great to have, but I can live without and just use the steam tank model.

Also I do have some of your models in my map already.

Like I said, this is the request section, I am aware it reads "...however we cannot guarantee that your request may be answered" so it would be great to have, but I can live without and just use the steam tank model.

Also I do have some of your models in my map already.

I can understand your frustration and your expectations, but this does not give you a reason to be a horrible person. A move civil tone and plain patience would be in order.

Level 4
I can understand your frustration and your expectations, but this does not give you a reason to be a horrible person. A move civil tone and plain patience would be in order.

Who is the one more hostile here, him telling me what I already know "No one would just make a model" or me telling him to go troll somewhere else.

Lets put this in a different perspective, what other motivation can I use other than plus rep and Thank you's in my map? I'm not desperate for it to offer a cash reward.

Level 4
Maybe show off your project so that people can see that they work is not done for nothing. That's the mistake most people make. They expect something but do not expect to show their project.
Having civil tone and patience often helps too.
@General Frank sorry friend, I did not know you would be involved in this kind of occasions.

Last edited:
This is the "requests" forum if you didn't realize, so be gone out of my thread.

Alright, so it seems we have a fairly new member who doesn't understand how THW operates. But we can fix that.

This is a (mostly) wc3 modding site where people dedicate their free time to create either products (maps) or assets for products (models, skins, etc) as they please and see fit. Requesting specific things without showing why anyone should do it in first place is kind of dumb, especially if this is how you reply to people who ask you for a reason why they should make something. Chances are, people are asking this because with a proper reason, they might do it, and if you brush people off like this, then you don't deserve (and won't get) anything.

If you want people to treat you in a respectful manner, first you should treat others in a respectful manner. Requests require humility, since you're asking someone to dedicate their own free time to create something that YOU PERSONALLY DESIRE.

At the same time, Warcraft III maps are mostly collaborative projects, since a lot of systems and assets are created by people other than the map creator, so some degree of specific needs are normally going to be present, and people will want to help out with a cool project that they like already. I have created zero maps myself, but my resources have been used in hundreds, or thousands of maps.

In my opinion, unless you have already done a fair bit to complete the map, there's no point in asking for third party assets that wouldn't make it more functional. It's meaningful to ask for a system that'd let you develop the map further, and it's meaningful to ask for a base model that you'd, for example, base your attachments on, especially if you showcase the systems you're using and developing, but asking for something really specific (as it seems to others) for no reason is kind of mind boggling when you take everything I've said so far into an account.

This is important because the request forum is full of people who both have a fair degree of completion on the projects they request assets for, and humility to realize how they should behave when they ask things of others. You haven't shown anything about your project, to legitimize your request, and you haven't shown humility towards people who could fulfill your request.

Why am I saying this? Over the past 11 years I have fulfilled countless requests on this site, and literally zero of them were made by people who behave like you.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
1- No one will just create a model if you dont give him a very good reason for it bro.
No reason to pick that tone. You can say all this without bro'ing the man and without stepping in what you think he did wrong.
This is the "requests" forum if you didn't realize, so be gone out of my thread.
It's not YOUR thread. While picking a unnecessarily derogatory tone with you, Italic did give you some useful advice.
but this does not give you a reason to be a horrible person
You cannot derive that Marcell is a horrible person from such a little data point. Besides, saying that someone is a horrible person is a horrible thing to say in itself.

Many of you should try to talk more with an aim to help than to correct each other. It's never nice to be corrected, especially from people they don't know, so be nice. We are all here to enjoy our freetime. Don't spit each other in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.