• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Request: Removing the glow from a portrait file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there,

I'm in need of something very specific. I'm not sure if it's difficult because I don't know much about modeling, but I have a feeling that it's actually quite simple with the right tools.

I'm currently in need of a .mdx file with:
- The Goblin Alchemist PORTRAIT - without the glow
- The Spellbreaker PORTRAIT - without the glow

I don't need the model itself. Just the portrait file.

I'm using it in a window menu, but the glow is destroying the entire look of the window.
Here's a picture of what I got right now:
214596098d0c2095fba3889f7a364eade6c48ce2.jpg

So as you can see the glow from the Spellbreaker portrait ruins the entire effect.

Credits will be given and eternal thanks as well!
I can't offer much more, but know that I'll be very very happy with the help given!

Thanks in advance,
Seph

Level 19
Here's the edited portrait for the Spell Breaker.

ezo7ef.png

As for the Goblin Alchemist, his portait doesn't have a team color glow.

Thanks alot Killcide!
Also just checked and you're right, the Alchemist was fine after all.

EDIT:
Hmm the new file seems to crash my World Editor. Strange, but when I try to open it in the Object Editor it just crashes trying to display it in the World Editor Preview.
Any idea how this could've happened?

Level 37
Thanks alot Killcide!
Also just checked and you're right, the Alchemist was fine after all.

EDIT:
Hmm the new file seems to crash my World Editor. Strange, but when I try to open it in the Object Editor it just crashes trying to display it in the World Editor Preview.
Any idea how this could've happened?

I must have forgot to change the number of materials in the mdl file xP Ill check it out when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Here you go xP I forgot to remove the 3rd geoset that was referencing to the non-existing Replaceable ID 2. I tested it in game and everything to make sure it wouldn't crash! Everything works fine on my end. Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• BloodElfSpellThief_PortraitNOGLOW.mdx
    51.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 19
I must have forgot to change the number of materials in the mdl file xP Ill check it out when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Here you go xP I forgot to remove the 3rd geoset that was referencing to the non-existing Replaceable ID 2. I tested it in game and everything to make sure it wouldn't crash! Everything works fine on my end. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks alot!
Gonna add it to the map soon. I'll let you know if it doesn't work, but I assume it will. Cool stuff! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.