• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, I dl the model .zip file, and sometimes it doesn't even show in my Winzip extraction file folder. (In fact, most of the time.) Then, when I extract it, (For example, recently I dl'd BurningHorror.blp and BurningHorror.mdx, imported them to WCIII editor using these paths: units/BurningHorror.mdx and units/BurningHorror.blp),
and this is even after saving the maps, and restarting the editor, I get this message: Could not load file: Units/BurningHorror.mdl. PLEASE help! I can't make my ultimate map w/out these models!!

(Also, could some1 help me figure out like .zips like GoblinPraetorian don't even show up in the folder so I can extract them?) This may belong in the "help" topic area, but I figure you guys are good enuff at it to offer SOME help...please?
Thanks!

Level 13
1) The slashes must be like \ and not like /. It only works like \.

2) Read the red notice about zip file on the page you downloaded it from. It says:
Some people see the zip archive empty after downloading. But its not. Simply right click on the zip file and choose "extract all". Or you can alternately use WinRAR or WinZip. There you right click on the zip file as well and choose "extract here" or "extract all"
Try using a different extracting program.

Level 1
Ok, I'm still getting error messages. I retyped in the tag as Units\BurningHorror.mdx, then saved, exited WCIII editor, and loaded the map after restarting the editor. I still got the message Cannot Load file: BurningHorror.mdl. One thing I dont understand is that it changed it from MDX format into MDL, and didnt work. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.