• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there,
I just got a not so huge problem but a problem it is I guess. I tried to edit one of Blizzards Cryptfiend so that you only see the alternate stand animation for I built a spell where the user hides beneath earth. So my map worked pretty good till I added this model. Every time I try to exit the game it crashes oO I hope you can help me ;)

Attachments

• EarthHide.mdx
    9.1 KB · Views: 75
Level 2
Hey,
I tried it but the only thing I get to see is the normal Cryptfiend and not this hidden thing. I changed Grafik - Required Animations Name from nothing to Stand Alternate. It didn't work though but thanks for your reply ;)

Level 2
The thing with just typing alternate did a job but not the job I wanted to be done^^ I grasped an idea of how to do what I wanted and I think that I was pretty much unclear. The thing is that I want the unit to move freely but it only shows the stand alternate animation while moving. You know what I mean? I thought of simply adding an animation titled walk alternate and copy the required data from stand alternate but I only get to see its unanimated animation while moving (uploaded the model I edited in this post here). Thanks for your replies and I hope that you help me with this request :) and I hope that you do not crash your head against the walls of your room XD

Attachments

• HideEarth2.mdx
    127.6 KB · Views: 57
Level 2
screened it for you :)

Attachments

• Model.jpg
    Model.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Level 3
Take the normal "Burrowed Crypt Fiend"

Set Movespeed to 270 (Or anything else noticably above 0)

Lo and behold, a walking invisible burrowed crypt friend.

However I don't know how it knows to use the Alternate animations, and when it moves it will use the standard walk animation. Provide it with a Walk Alternate animation and it should behave as desired.

Level 2
That is what I tried^^ but that didn't work :x don't know why. In Modeleditor it shows the right animation but in Worldeditor and Warcraft III only the unanimated animation is displayed while moving ;)

Level 2
I'm totally sorry to bother you guys with this but it doesn't work with Stand - 2 either T_T I really don't get why it woun't work with the animation I added oO anyway thanks for your reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.