• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model portrait question thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I have recently made some updates on my Pumpkin Infernal. Since the portrait only had one anim I put a camera onto the main model instead. So if I don't have a portrait to upload, could I add the updated Birth model in the portrait slot instead? Cause then you could just download the entire kit in one zip package instead of two where the texture is the same in both.
The reson why I ask is cause it isn't a portrait and it might mess up the import tutorial, telling you to name the birth model "PumpkinInfernal2_Portrait.mdx". That would be real crappy.

I too have the same issue as Thrikodius when I uploaded Lion Male & Lion Female models and Tiger & White Tiger models.
THW changes LionFemale.mdx to LionMale_portrait.mdx and WhiteTiger.mdx changes to Tiger_Portrait.mdx, which annoys me alot. Because this will just increase the stupidity of newbie downloaders and newbie mappers.
I did added an important information about fixing it, but some are too ignorant to read the goddamn descriptions.

Ex 1: Quoted from some stupid people "I downloaded the Tiger and White Tiger zip file, but I only got the Tiger model"
Ex 2: I saw a Epicwar map with my Lion models, but the author didn't bother change the portrait name despite I added an important information on the descriptions.

I suggest that this automatic-portraitname-naming feature should be removed.

Level 28
Oh... Well I kinda forget the Packs section since the newest pack isn't displayed in the main page. I have somewhat thought about making a series of infernals if my skills allow it and then make a pack out of it.
I want to update the model now so I'll say that the Main model and the Birth model use the same texture so they'll only have to import it once. That wouldn't cause them to start using the Birth model as a portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.