• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model PATH Problem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I could not find these models in Wc3 Viewer :sad:

Can some help me with the paths... ?

diablocar.gif
undeadcar.gif
gruntcar.gif
dwarfcar.gif

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 32
I don't belive that those models are included in war3.mpq or war3x.mpq.

To view models using Warcraft 3 Viewer the models must be present on your hard drive either in an mpq file or located seperately elsewhere.

When using Warcraft 3 Viewer simply open the desired model file and select Current File\Show Used Texture Names: the paths will be displayed.

Level 8
I don't belive that those models are included in war3.mpq or war3x.mpq.

To view models using Warcraft 3 Viewer the models must be present on your hard drive either in an mpq file or located seperately elsewhere.

When using Warcraft 3 Viewer simply open the desired model file and select Current File\Show Used Texture Names: the paths will be displayed.

Thought of that ... I looked into Azeroth Grand Prix to find these mdl files ... but there weren't any, how is that possible, I found the model in the object editor with the path, but there weren't any mdl files in the Importing-Manager, where can I download these for ones extern or how to show off the files within the map ?

Level 8
Those files are in the patch.mpq's, like the one called "War3Patch.mpq" i think.
EDIT: nope, winmpq dont work... try this one i know it works:
mpq master

Thanks, it works great ... but I loaded it into Wc3 Viewer, how can I make a screenshot without the attached camera and its arrow, just a screenshot without the camera ?

EDIT-1: LOL, the german version got a bug, it can not take off the camera model, changed it to English and it now works as I need it.

EDIT-2:Somehow it does not show the skin one the model, when I loaded into the Wc3 Viewer, but it was said that it does not need any custom textures.

Link: http://wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=2335&sid=

Attachments

• Help.JPG
    Help.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Level 36
ER... when I opened Azeroth Grand Prix, all of those models, and skins,a nd sounds and everything else Blizzard created for that map, could be found in the imports section. All you have to do is export them again... And look at Blizzard's paths in Azeroth Grand Prix...

Level 8
Werewulf already helped me with this ... it does not show it at German version through it ? Do not know, however, I got a new problem, take a look at EDIT-2 in last of my messages.

EDIT: Took me nearly an hour to find it out, Mc! made something wrong, you will need the texture "HeroAvatarFlame.blp tp show it right, and this file isn't in Wc3 Viewer avaible, so you need to get it out with MPQ Master. Thanks and Thread can get closed, now.

Thanks Werewulf for giving me this tool, really helpful !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.