• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model-less model ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i need a model file that got nothing, but
have attachment point like "chest , head, sphere(sprite,one),(sprite two)and(sprite,three)".
so i can attach special effect on it, and using trigger to move the unit.
meaning i m moving the special effect.

Level 7
Oh, ok. I dont know of any though. And I dont know how to model, Im mainly caught up with school work so, I dont have any time to read tutorials for modeling, but then again..If Im caught up in school work, how am I on this right now? Huh, that never occured to me. But there is a model that isnt a model in the warcraft game, called Null.tga

Level 11
Oh, ok. I dont know of any though. And I dont know how to model, Im mainly caught up with school work so, I dont have any time to read tutorials for modeling, but then again..If Im caught up in school work, how am I on this right now? Huh, that never occured to me. But there is a model that isnt a model in the warcraft game, called Null.tga

null.tga is not a model file (.mdx)
so i can't use as a model of my unit.
and i need the attachment points.

Level 12
I need a model that...
Empty model with 4 attachment point:
Named as:
"chest", "sprite,one" , "sprite,second", "sprite,third"

lets see if i understand ... you want a model for attaching a sfx on the chest spirit,one etc?... if yes use in the world editor, abillitys armor bonus +1 remove the 1+ armor and add sfx then add attachment points...there was a tutorial from ayumilove on youtube but i can't find it right now.

Level 2
Im a nub when it comes to models, but... i have the feeling you can do this with pretty much any custom model, just.. dont get the texture for it, i "think" it will still have its attacheable points so you would have a shadow with a floating sword / w/e.. correct me if im wrong ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.