• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hm....
as saied.... if you do alfa, you will only see the team colour!!!

... you have to remove the Team Colour edit from the Material manualy....
means, you have to open your model with any model editor (best is 3Ds-Max or gmax) and than edit the Material whitch is aplied to the Shild.

.... If the Model dosn't have any TC at the position you want to make it alfa, you only need to edit the Texture. ... easily draw "alfa holes" were you want to make your Moddel yook alfa. The intesyty of the collour (from White to Black in alfa Channel) controlles how much alfa it will be!!
(you have to do this using the 1st solution, too!!)

I hope I could hekp a little!

Level 25
Its about as simple as adding a camera. Find the material, change it from "Teamcolour" to something else, and check out how all of the alphaed parts of the model are now invisible, and by "All of the alphaed parts" I mean everywhere which had teamcolour as well as anything alphaed

Which is, of corse, a very bad thing to do. But he wanted to know how to alpha it out, I told him how to alpha it out. May not result in wanted situation though

Level 23
Naughty boy, you! :p

Anyway, if you want to hax all the teamcolour in a n00bery way, the best way is to reroute all the geosets to the transparent material. Which should be recogniseable by having only one layer, filtermode Transparent and a textureid pointing to the spellbreaker skin.

8)

Status
Not open for further replies.