• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model help...(specifically a Lord of the Rings model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I realize that this is beyond being a ridiculous favor to ask someone, but I'm going to ask it anyways because I'm desperate. The Uruk Hai model on this site is weaponless, at the time I didn't know that custom models did not have attatchment points, and tried all day to attatch a Grunt Axe until I finally asked someone from this website who told me that custom models have no attatchment points. So that leaves me with a unit who needs a weapon, but has none. Now, if you take a look at the Uruk Hai model at this site you will notice that the file is 1.2 or 3 MB which is very very large. I downloaded GMax a few days ago to attempt to... model. I do have a general idea of how to work it, but I suck horribly lol. The favor is two fold although the second part of the favor isn't really nessecary just something I would like. First I would like someone to add the Uruk Hai sword (looks sorta like an upside down L), and second I would like someone to try and cut down the size of the texture. I will literally do anything if someone can help me out on this, I'm good at terraining so if you need a map terrained all you have to do is ask. Or if someone could just tell me how to do it that would be great too, I have no idea how to work GMax. I tried to import the model in MDX format, and it said that that wouldn't work but it wouldn't tell me what format it needs to be in so I'm stumped in that area too. If you need a picture of an Uruk Hai (in case you're not familiar with Lord of the Rings movies) I can send you a link to a picture or something. I'm desperate and will be your slave if you'll help me with this model. You'll also get in credits but... that goes without being said.

Level 25
... Someone can't read -_-

I CLEARLY state in the post up top that NO requests go here, you are requesting for someone to attach a sword to the Uruk Hai model, AND you are asking for someone to modify the texture

Wrong forum, so....

*runs backwards*

WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRNNNNNNNNIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!! *leaps on computer, smashes table in half*

Owww... Thats gonna cost me... @_@

Level 4
matter of fact... I need a modeler/skinner on my upcoming team of LotR map makers. If any of you are interested you can either contact me here or whisper me in warcraft. Name's lilbeelzebub (no 1)

Level 4
yeah... I tried to learn how to model/skin the other day. About 10 minutes into looking at it I realized that I'm too computer illiterate to do it. Alright... any Uruk Hai skin/model is acceptable at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.