• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Crashes Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I just recently made a model (today). It's an unarmed footman with Proudmoore's head. It works perfectly in both viewers, and when I first import it into my map. Then, when i try to either play the game with the model or restart the world editor to view the model in-game, it crashes. I'll attach the model at the bottom so you guys can take a look at it. It was made using Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier, Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Merger, and Magos' WC3 Model Editor.

Attachments

• RPGWarrior.mdx
    100.6 KB · Views: 65
Level 6
as a brief explanation because I'm not a modeler, I just know about errors caused by models I'll say it MAY be because warcraft 3 hates customs if they aren't done relatively well or when they aren't a 100% custom.
1. Does the skin cover the entire frame?
2. Try adding a different head and see if thats the problem (sometimes a certain combination just doesn't work)
3. Post again after you've checked those two things post again. Eventually someone will come who knows more about your specific problem, but my guess is the trying a different head might give you an idea of what you're dealing with (if it works its the head, if it doesn't you're at square 1 again)

Status
Not open for further replies.