• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Conversion Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm currently working on a new scenario, with new heros, units, etc. Unfortunately, for some reason I cannot get the model that I'm trying to modify to work properly. I've tried everything I can think of, but I just can't get all the parts to work right. Could anyone help me out with romoving the spikes/ horns from the Hero Pitlord model. (units\demon\HeroPitLord\HeroPitLord.mdx).
I've got a great new skin for the model, but the horns just get in the way. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Level 7
Ok Im the one who'll help heheheh i like helping!
So, u wanna remove the horn eh? Thats Piece Of cake, lets get started!!!
1st Download the Vortex Modifier!!! I dunno the link but post 4 it! Then get a Wc3 Viewer from this site & a Wc3 FileConverter!!! Heheheheh!!!
Go 2 the viewer & look in the mdx files 4 a PitLord! Export it (Save It) Then go 2 the file converter!!!
Simply Load it & convert it from Mdx 2 Mdl!!!
Then go 2 Vortex Modifier & find the Geoset 4 the one ull find horns in it! Simply Drag the horns & press Delete on the Keyboard!!! Save it then go 2 FileConverter!!! Convert it 2 Mdx then go 2 Wc3Viewer Or World editor & check Out the PitLord U made!!!
If u havin troubles i can E-Mail u the The Hornless Pitlord, that wont be difficult!!!

Heheheheheheheh!

-Doodi

Level 1
I tried just deleteing the horns in Gmax, but when I go to check the animations in the veiwer, I get a critical error, and when I check it in WE, certain parts of the model don't move and the animations distort it horribly. I think it may have something to do with the Vertex Groups, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Level 7
I removed the horns but unfortunetly the place of the head where the horns are attached became invisible because i removed them! If ur working on a cool map i can make u weaponless units if u want! Thats te least i can do! Im terribly sorry but i tried my best...
If u want help or anything else E-Mail me at [email protected] or [email protected] or even PM me here No problem! C ya!!!

Level 1
Doodi said:
I removed the horns but unfortunetly the place of the head where the horns are attached became invisible because i removed them!

Yeah I had the same problem using the Vertex modifier. it would be nice if there were some scripts that would let me use mdl or mdx files in Anim8er. I can do all kinds of great stuff in that program.

Btw: Thanks for offering to help, But I think I can manage just about everything except for this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.