• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model bugged - what is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey there,

I added two animations to the night elf runner with retera's model studio. Even though they fit really well on the model they gave it a weird bug - now the hanging part of her loincloth thingie is spazzing everywhere in all animations - not just the new ones.

what went wrong and How do I fix this? (/does someone want to help fix this for me :cute:)

thanks!

(added anims are blood mage spell channel and DH morph)

Attachments

• runnerbugged.mdx
    193.2 KB · Views: 18
Level 41
that loincloth thingy attached to a "Plane05" bone
and blood mage also has a "Plane05" bone but it's used for an attack fx with a global animation where it changes size quickly
so i think it inherited that global animation when you added the animation from blood mage
however i can't open the model you provided in mdlvis, magos or rms so

Level 21
thanks. I tried deleting those parts off of the blood mage and demon hunter and making copies that way to rip the animations off of but I just bugged the models to high hell... and my problem still happened. How can I delete the problematic parts off of those units or take those animations without the problems?

Edit: Lol. I gave up on adding animations to the runner, I was just going to change the exisiting animation tags, but even when I just took the vanilla runner with retera, I cant open it in magos.

Last edited:
thanks. I tried deleting those parts off of the blood mage and demon hunter and making copies that way to rip the animations off of but I just bugged the models to high hell... and my problem still happened. How can I delete the problematic parts off of those units or take those animations without the problems?

Edit: Lol. I gave up on adding animations to the runner, I was just going to change the exisiting animation tags, but even when I just took the vanilla runner with retera, I cant open it in magos.
Take the Blood Mage model delete the Plane05 bone from it, save it, then import the animations from that saved model. Try that :)

Level 21
1616620168210.png

Take the Blood Mage model delete the Plane05 bone from it, save it, then import the animations from that saved model

that's exactly what I did (and wrote in the post you quoted :ogre_hurrhurr: ).it didn't get rid of the buggy part of the model.

The error i kept getting is the attached one, but in the end it didn't have to do with what I was doing... apparently if you try to rip normal models from Retera's, and open them in magos you get this error message. what's that about?

View attachment 376180

that's exactly what I did (and wrote in the post you quoted :ogre_hurrhurr: ).it didn't get rid of the buggy part of the model.

The error i kept getting is the attached one, but in the end it didn't have to do with what I was doing... apparently if you try to rip normal models from Retera's, and open them in magos you get this error message. what's that about?
Lol, sorry man I skimmed too quickly. How is it you're trying to add the anim cos RMS has a few ways to do it each with their own weird quirks.

Level 21
if you try to rip normal models from Retera's, and open them in magos you get this error message. what's that about?
It's because Magos was meant to be used with mdx version 800. After the release of Reforged all models (even the old classic ones) are mdx version 1000, but RMS can convert between the two versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.