• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mitula's Seal

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Game starts in Forest, where seeker is "summoned" in front of him is small camp where his quests will start.
Seeker has 2 hero abilities:

1) Storm Strike: Deals 50/100/150 damage to target unit and increases Nature/Frost damage on target for next 4/6/8 seconds.
2) Earth Shock : Deals 100/200/300 damage to target unit, and has 10% chance to root it in place.

There are also 3 skill trees:

1) Strenght->Provides seeker abilities to increase his armor, health, hp/mp regeneration and
damage so he can be nice tank.
2) Combat -> Increases seeker's melee power, and provide some offensive abilities, also provides
bonus on storm strike ability.
3) Wisdom -> Provides restorative abilities to seeker, and provides bonus on Earthshock, in way
order to increase root chance by 5/10/15/20/25 %.

After each time seeker gains level, dialogue will pop up, offering you choice of these 3 trees.
In each skill tree are like 15 points to spent, so you will need lvl 46 to master all 3 skills.
After all skills from 1 skill tree are learned, it's button will be missing on dialogue pop up
on the end there will be no dialogue.

As story goes didadi, Seeker will meet Spiritualist named Xaru or Sarah, there are 4 names in total.
She starts on lvl 10, on which seeker should be till then.
She will allready have alchemy learned, and 2 recipies, for her there are also vendors in villages
who will provide her with various patterns such as Elixir of Mastery which will increase, users
total status by certain ammount when used.
Only 1 recipie is learned from quest, its Elixir of Nature, its Totem of Earth Mother quest in question.
Rest are all at vendors.

Spiritualist doesnt have any hero ability on start, but when you open her spellbook, you will see
2 choices to level up her abilities.

1) Spirits of Fire -> Provides strong fire spells to Spiritualist, but it will make water spells weaker in some part.
2) Spirits of Water -> Provides medium water spells to Spiritualist, which will boost her and her allies power, also
has some supporting summoning.

Training her skills will cost you gold, 50 gold for each spell or spell rank you want to learn.
If you are not cheat user, my advice is to learn 1 complete talent before you start another one.

Now when they are two, they will be having much harder tasks, but all in all there are no Real hard bosses or quests here.
maybe somewhere where aoe damage is about, will be hard to constantly tab heroes in order to drink potions.

If you get lost with some quests, like dragon shrine on example, post it as comment and i will make complete list of quests
with descriptions, and list of leatherworking + alchemy recipies + where to find them, and even skill list, but since there
many spells including both heroes i will doubt about it.

Thanks anyway, i would like to hear your opinions about map.

updated last boss.
New version came up with more used terrain then before, remade Stormsong boss fight.
New Enchanting vendor with +200 hp enchant, not all items can be enchanted but some can.New items and boss added too.

Keywords:
rpg, quests.
Contents

Mitula's Seal (Map)

Reviews
06:58, 5th Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
  • Wolf pelt or whatever don't have DISBTN icon!
  • Terrain is ok!
  • Those plants, I can't pick them, is there any way to use them?
  • Hero level up look nice, but only 2 spells with 3 levels are very poor! Make 10 levels for each one (example), lower mana cost and maybe cooldown as well as damage!
  • Add more spells!
  • Add multiboard!
  • I get same exp when I kill normal, stronger and wolf mother or whatever -.-
  • Those 2000 hp creeps on map bottom are strong until hero reach level 15, you should add some barrier so hero can't go there until that level (example)
  • Add hints (ping minimap, messages on the screen and so on)
  • Small number of items as well!
  • No map preview image
  • Horrible Loading Screen
I will wait a little before moderation!

Level 37
  • Those 2000 hp creeps on map bottom are strong until hero reach level 15, you should add some barrier so hero can't go there until that level (example)

I disagree with this. It's a great feeling to finally beat some monster than pwned you when you were weak.

Have you ever played Gothic 2 for example? You could run into orcs at very low levels, and the were almost impossible to beat. But after gaining levels, increasing skills and getting better items, you could beat even two of them at the same time, which was great!

Well that was example, I don't like how he connected areas, you can go to the strongest area at start, that's why he need to add hints, warning and so on!

Another example:
When hero go there message can be shown, you are now entering bla bla bal, take care, monsters are here weak/strong or whatever...

That was my idea!

Last edited:
Level 4
There is disbnt for wolf pelt just aint working, i typed correct path dunno where problem is.

Plants are dummy units, Spiritualist has ability in Alchemy kit which will allow him to kill these dummy units and extract herbs from them.
Then next to that ability are located elixir and potion recipes, these recipes spells are learned by buying items at vendors. She starts with 2, and can learn more 4. 3 from vendors 1 from quest.

I will think about more few Hero type abilities, that i could add on start, and then some passive abilities i have to add in talent trees.

But i dont know what kind of abilities should be, there is 1 that makes damage and debuffs enemy, second only damage + chance to root.
If i make 3th ability it could be AoE damage or something, buffs are gained from talent trees, i wouldnt pick Aura spell or something like Roar for it.
Do you have anything to suggest?

Yes about items, its true i have not been thinking about it, ill make some more items to be sold from vendor in 3th village, and make some more dropable items and add 1 or 2 bosses in Garden of Ancients.

There is limitation in access, that garden of ancients is zone where you cannot enter before lvl 10, but i will do something about announces of entering zones.

Thanks for commenting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

New items added, new boss, new spell with 5 ranks, changed loading screen, added warning messages.
Wolf hide still isnt fixed, dunno where stuck.

Last edited:
Level 10
not bad ;D
needs lots of polishing tho and until its touched up a bit should be rejected.

1.) When obtaining the "Flask of Electric Oil" it does not remove the Murloc Scale from the players inventory.

2.) When crafting the "Cape of Storms" it doesn't take the "Flask of Electric Oil" from the players inventory.

3.) You can shop in the village from the outside before you have gained permision to enter.

4.) I revived at a different town after traveling across the map but had never visited this town. It appears this was triggered when entering the cave that the Mother Wolf protects.

5.) When reviving at a new town the screen still reverts to the first town

1.) Some tool tips such as the leather crafting are way too long and should be made smaller.

2.) Vision at night time is so small you can't see your hero when the elevation changes at all it should be increase a bit.

3.) "Storm Strike" is more way more mana intensive then "Earth Shock" but damage output is the same. Should have slightly increased damage output for "Storm Strike."

4.) There should be more do-able early game quests, after the first few you get "Ring of Fire" which is not possible to complete at the current level.

5.) More Leather Crafting recipes would be nice, and make the "Cape of Storms" either harder to get or less powerful because it makes you dominate instantly.

6.) Quests that tell you to kill something at a specific area should ping the area.

7.) "Lightning Speed" needs to be reduced in power it enables the character to basically become unstoppable by level 3 of it.

8.) Bloodlusts mana cost at high levels should be reduced 240 at level 5 is steep.

9.) Terrain wasn't bad, but I think you should double check all of your pathing blockers because some spots you can stand on really messed up cliffs.

10.) Instead of buying crafting upgrades you should also have leather crafting recipes be gained from crafting often, almost like making it its own skill category similar to "Survival" would be a very cool effect.

Only played for like 10 minutes got kinda bored

I understand that this is probably not finished thats why it seemed so underdeveloped and unpolished.
My Rating
Rating: 1.5/5
Vote: Rejection