• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

misc stuff in import manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Map Creator said:
About that, the map is kinda "protected" : I mostly use a MPQ Browser to edit it. The only thing I have and that you can't access is the uncompiled vjass map's script. I can give it to anyone who ask me, though.
The map doesn't run on the imported files (at least not the ones you see in the import manager), it's got a vJass script running it.
In any case: there are many text-files that can customize Warcraft. The most well-known ones are war3mapSkin.txt (you can change some visuals with this) and war3mapMisc.txt (can change a lot of things, such as the font size, crit/gold/lumber/bounty color and more).

The easiest way to find out all of this is by getting an MPQ editor (I would recommend this program).
Open war3.mpq and start browsing it :)
Everything you see in there can be changed by importing a file (in warcraft, don't mess with war3.mpq unless you know what you're doing) with the exact same path.
So if you found a file named "RandomStuff.txt" in the folder "Misc", then the import-path is "Misc\RandomStuff.txt".

(This includes .slk-files, model-files and everything else you see).

Status
Not open for further replies.