• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minigun_Bunker

Originally i wanted to make this unit for a modern warfare map of mine, that's also why it got a custom build-animation. But that project got abadonded so i upload it as a model. I will later upload some more models of this type, they just need some fixes and improvements. It's a military bunker hidden under a hill with a minigun for firing at enemy intruders. Especially effective against enemy infantry, but lesser effective against armored vehicles and vulnerable to aerial bombers. Have fun with it and feel free to use it for any purpose you like (including taking parts of it for own models).
IMPORTANT: the minigun is self-made, not ripped from Frankster's Heavy Metal Fox Tank.

EDIT 1: thanks to DESTROYER123's, Antiface's, KayS, mnib's and Accname's comments this model got one big update. I'm realy glad for your constructive criticism guys and the good ideas for improvement! Thanks a lot! Thanks to you guys, this model looks way better now. It works ingame as well (i tested it).

EDIT 2: added bushes so that it looks more camouflaged.

EDIT 3: due to the ongoing demand, i rescaled the minigun. It's now 1.5x its original size.

EDIT 4: fixed the UV-map impurities on the construction hangar's sides. Also edited a bit the emitters. Looks and performs better now.

EDIT 5: changed the animation names from Stand_1 to Stand 1, as Frankster had pointed out (thanks his good advise about the improper format name). Also, the model should be used as a ''hidden trap'' now, not as a building. It's supposed to fire only into one direction. Also made a few other minor fixes.

EDIT 6: just extended the ground stuff more downward, so that it looks properly on uneven terrain.

Keywords:
minigun, chaingun, bunker, modern warfare, shelter, military, army, defensive structure
Contents

Minigun_Bunker (Model)

Reviews
00:23, 13th Oct 2011 anarchianbedlam: It would be nice to see you put some more effort into this model. the death animation particles dont look too great. (maybe add smoke,.... why would you use the 'sort primitives far Z' button?). Put some UV wrap...
Level 4
Frankster:
The format of the animation name is wrong. There should be a space between the animation name and the number.
Also there are many wrapping issues on the whole model.
Also, the model is quite useless if used as a model because tower model tend to have a turret bone which could direct the gun in ANY direction not just one. You failed to see this convention.
Rejected.
FRANK, WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Rejecting a model this fine? Because why? The turret doesn't rotate? Well, this gun emplacement is very similar to the ones used in company of heroes and nobody complained about the model not turning to shoot. Why would you do this?!?! :< Consider your opinion OVERRULED

FRANK, WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Rejecting a model this fine? Because why? The turret doesn't rotate? Well, this gun emplacement is very similar to the ones used in company of heroes and nobody complained about the model not turning to shoot. Why would you do this?!?! :< Consider your opinion OVERRULED
That moderation was long ago....before some edits were done. The model's purpose was also misunderstood, it's to be used as a trap, not a defensive tower. :eekani: