• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minds of Linderfell V1,0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Minds of Linderfell V1,0
Created by Dark-Zalor

Map Info

This is a specail game that will improve the players memory. It's a board game that you
can play with 1 to 6 players.

For any questions or suggestions please send your e-mail at : [email protected]

You can visit my facebook page at:
facebook.com/DarkZalorMapper

Features

This game is a memory game. 45 pairs of units are hidden and mixed on an arena. You have to find
every unit that compose the pair at the same turn.

Modes :
There is 2 modes :
-Normal Mode : (Default) that mode uses some units that are nearly similar to each other.

-Easy mode : This mode uses some units very differents to each other.

Commands :
-view : to reset the game camera

Hidden Marks :
This marks hide an unit, by selecting it you will reveal the unit. You can select 2 hidden marks per turn.
If you found a pair you can play an other turn.

Screenshots

Is coming...

Is coming...

Addon

V 1,0 :
Change some unit sizes

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • The Helper
  • Hive WorkShop
  • The Warcraft 3 French Community
  • Blizzard

Author's notes

I spent a lot of time and imagination creating that map, I hope you will enjoy it.
If you have some ideas about events, modes, just send me an e-mail at : [email protected]

I appreciate feedback and suggestions!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
game, luck, mind, brain, memory, find, unit, winner, board, lap, turn
Contents

Minds of Linderfell V1,0 (Map)

Reviews
03:26, 3rd Jul 2015 Shadow Fury: Map set to needs fix with a rating of 2/5. Have a look at my review.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

A very simple, but enjoyable map.

Here are some suggestions you could take a look on:
- there are some spelling mistakes, like 'begining' or 'finnish'
- the board cuts off the name of the player, if it is too long ( Example: DarkDolphins -> DarkDolp)
- the initial wait timer and the round timer is too high, in my opinion. If I did not find a pair, then I do not want to wait like 5 seconds. Maybe make it a selectable option for host, so everyone can choose what they would like to have
- the camera is very annoying, please offer different distances to choose from or a command which allows to set the camera to a custom range.

Level 21
A very simple, but enjoyable map.

Here are some suggestions you could take a look on:
- there are some spelling mistakes, like 'begining' or 'finnish'
- the board cuts off the name of the player, if it is too long ( Example: DarkDolphins -> DarkDolp)
- the initial wait timer and the round timer is too high, in my opinion. If I did not find a pair, then I do not want to wait like 5 seconds. Maybe make it a selectable option for host, so everyone can choose what they would like to have
- the camera is very annoying, please offer different distances to choose from or a command which allows to set the camera to a custom range.

^ This
To solve the issue of the multiboard, use the Set Item Width and set the real number 3.00% to something more appropriate like 13.00% so that even the longest names can fit perfectly and leave a lot of space free. My name appeared as Shadow only (no Fury :sad:).

Also consider these suggestions:
- Tile variation and decoration (they even rhyme!). It can get tiresome to keep looking at the mono-tiled scenery in front of you so making it more attractive is a good idea
- Find someone to correct all your spelling mistakes because you have many. One that is really bothersome is when it says "Player X have to play!!!". Nope, it should be "Player X has to play!!!".
-I'd recommend removing the exclamation marks and putting a normal full stop because it sounds more professional (it's something optional of course)
- Why not making the number of pairs selectable? If someone plays single player, he/she might not have the patience to find 45 damn pairs alone. The player will most probably get bored and quit (which is something we do not absolutely want) so just make the number of pairs choosable. For example, if I type -20, I'll have to find 20 pairs and the remaining 25 are removed. You can use dialogs for this of course if you want.

Well, I don't think this is ready for an approval. Currently, the game is not exciting and enjoyable enough. So in the end, I'll give it 2/5 and set the map to needs fix.