• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Microtransactions - The Current Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You want to buy new game assets?
Bitch please, in order to have access to the market where you spende real money, you have to pay 50$!
And another 20$ per month to maintain access.
On the market you cannot buy directly what you want, of course, you have to buy lootboxes and pray to RNGesus and the publisher that you get what you want.

Level 12
it's an attitude created by people and then tolerated by people.
it will end when 1) people no longer practise it because they recognise the scummy nature of it and place moral good above personal monetary gain
2) people will no longer tolerate it and refrain from using anything that is tainted by it (and yes that includes the new mortal kombat game)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Microtransactions+meme+2349196_d2c5d4_6443035.jpg

Level 5
Yeah dude, personally, I'm more of a "unwrap a Christmas gift box and see 'Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Expansion Set'".

Is it so wrong that I'd rather get an Expansion for Christmas or a cool Patch Update every 4-6 months, with massive amounts of content for EVERYONE?, rather than a stupid thing I have to pay for?

And then you see they release a whole new sequel just 1 or 2 years later, when they could have put all those "new" features like the tree that moved 1 inch to the left, in a simple Patch update.

Level 7
yeah you guys are seriously delusional if you think game development companies ever gave a fuck about anything other than earning revenue
Yeah, this. Bones were picked clean in the same way before loot crates, cosmetic upgrades, booster packs, expansions, or even "insert a coin to continue playing"-arcades. Profit works that way. More importantly, money is fucking awesome. Pay me money if you want a longer post.

Status
Not open for further replies.