• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Messing about with Wind Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How do i stop the ability wind walker, from making a unit go stealth and taking them out of combat? I am trying to make an ability that "charges" so your next attack would do +100dam etc just like the wind walker but without stealth.

Level 6
How do i stop the ability wind walker, from making a unit go stealth and taking them out of combat? I am trying to make an ability that "charges" so your next attack would do +100dam etc just like the wind walker but without stealth.

Make an ability based off of "Berserk"(the Orc troll ability).

Make a custom "buff" in the object editor using the old Berserk buff, name it anything you want. Make the art to anything you want.

You can add movement speed bonus if you want(simply edit the values).

For this example, I'll name the buff "Charge".

Anyway, make sure it has a custom buff.

Make the duration to anything you want, lets make it 15 seconds(for example).

Now on to the triggers:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • ((Attacking unit) has buff Charge) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove Charge buff from (Attacking unit)
    • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing Real(Level of "Charge" for Attacking Unit x 25) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
Note - Real(Level of "Charge" for Attacking Unit x 25) <- This means that it will deal 25 damage at level 1, 50 damage at level 2 of charge, etc. Edit the number to anything you want.

This should work almost exactly like wind walk, except without invisibility(again, if you want movement speed bonus, just edit the custom Berserk ability to give movement speed bonus).

Note - The damage will be affected by armor amount though.

If you want it to completely ignore armor, spell resistance, and deal 100% full damage - Make it "attack type Chaos and damage type Universal", this means it will deal 100% damage(assuming Chaos is set to deal 100% damage to all armor types that is).

Universal makes it so that it ignores spell immunity and armor amount. Normal means it ignores spell immunity/resistance but takes armor into account. Magic means it ignores armor but takes spell immunity into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.