• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merry Fucking Winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Happy winter, people! It's fucking freezing!

I've been out with a cold for the weekend, so I had time to do some quick terraining.

Do your thing, Terrain Board.

Attachments

• Winter Lighting.png
    Winter Lighting.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 359
Level 36
I was about to comment that I think it looks a bit too gloomy, as if the camera was smudged or something when the picture was taken.

But then I viewed it in full screen, it only looks too gloomy when you look at the preview picture on a small laptop screen.

I love it, I don't usually don't have anything to put my finger on, but this time I don't. I think I'm going soft.

How much time does something like this fucking take? I can't even make a melee map terrain. :C

I'll tell you a secret, it is easier to build a scenic terrain than a melee terrain.

Anyway, same old foggy terrains like the old days flad, it's good but the background feels like void. :)

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
How much time does something like this fucking take? I can't even make a melee map terrain. :C
Yeah, a melee terrain generally takes way longer considering the sheer scale of it. Normally, I spend anywhere between 5 hours and several days on my stuff. This one, I did over the span of a day. Bits and pieces here and there, with a lot of studying/coffee breaks.

I love it, I don't usually don't have anything to put my finger on, but this time I don't. I think I'm going soft.
BLASPHEMY. <3

Anyway, same old foggy terrains like the old days flad, it's good but the background feels like void. :)
Hear hear, fog is my saving grace from the engine's limitations. With night scenes it just stands out way more than it does with day scenes. And yes, in this example, the background is supposed to be fogged out. Because it's snowing.

Level 28
A heavily fogged 'n' dreamy japanese setting? That's so

v a p o r w a v e

Hear hear, fog is my saving grace from the engine's limitations. With night scenes it just stands out way more than it does with day scenes. And yes, in this example, the background is supposed to be fogged out. Because it's snowing.

新しい日の誕生 h a z y j a p a n

Level 36
You know what? I'm having a relapse.

Just noticed that halfway out into the water the transparent water model becomes near-completely consumed by the fog/glow doodad.
This makes it look like the water just suddenly ends in my eyes. Maybe you might want to do something about that, if at all possible.

I know it's a bitch, working with waterplanes, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.