• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenary camp rally point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
it seems to be hardcoded - even if a building has a rally point, - if you got the unit through "units bought"(like mercs) and not through "units trained"(like barracks), they will ignore the rally point.

It kind of makes sense, bc the "units bought" - you get them instantly, so as soon as you clicked on the building you got the units, and you can order them to go where you want. Rally points are really necessary for trained units, that will pop out while you are busy doing something else.

you can trigger your own rally points if you really want to:

• create a dummy "point targeting" ability that looks like rally point
  • when you cast that ability - save the point you cast it on,
  • whenever a unit is bought from that building - order it to go to that point.

Level 12
Ty for your reply... is there another question... Theres a way, that mercenary creatures requires buildings for ex??

How can I do a Barracks that In X time is avaliable 10 footmans, but it requires blackmith to train???
Did U unterstood? Over periodic time (5min (a week)) the barracks allows to train 10 footmans
or the footman in mercenary camp requires blacksmith...

Last edited:
Level 21
make it able to train a unit type and the rally point will appear. you can make that unit type limited to 0 so that it won't actually appear on the building, but the rally ability will.
the rally point will appear but not affect the "bought" units, they will ignore it. only "trained" units will go to the rally point. (at least for me on my test run)

Level 21
Ty for your reply... is there another question... Theres a way, that mercenary creatures requires buildings for ex??
I´ve need a building that has units over time to create like a mercenary camp, but with rally point like barracks its possible?

I'm so stupid. the simple answer to everything you want to do in this thread:

have the units as "units trained" and just set their training time to 0.01.

for units that you only want to be available from time x -

create a dummy building. add this as a techtree requirement for those buildings. (and make the tooltip say only available from X seconds).

make a trigger that builds one of those buildings for the relevant player after x elapsed time.

if you really want the unit icon too look right before it is available (to show the countdown timer thing) - create 2 versions of the barracks - the first one sells the units after x time. when that time passes create the real version of the barracks with the units trained.

I hope this is clear... :pgrin:

Edit: sorry for the double post...

Level 12
nonono almost there... we will get it... In time X only Y footman can be trained... this is possible?

ex... every 5 min only 15 footmans can be trained not more, after the time expires more footmans are avaliable to train... thats why I´ve thinked in merc camp... cause has unit limit training over time

Status
Not open for further replies.