• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Memory leaks... anything I'm forgetting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've got something of a problem with one of my (single player only) maps.

The map shows definite signs of memory leakage. The map plays fine most of the time, but if you try to finish it in one sitting, then near the end it begins to get progressively more sluggish, until it's running like a slideshow. This seems to happen almost inevitably, and doesn't seem to depend on what exactly is going on on-screen at the time - it'll slow down progressively even if I'm just having my characters sit there doing nothing. The only way to restore the speed to normal is to save the game and re-load.

I thought that my periodic triggers and ability triggers were to blame. I've in the meantime learned how to clean up memory leaks caused by locations, unit groups and special effects, and so I cleaned any such leaking actions in my periodic and ability triggers.

Yet there seems to have been no improvement in my map. It still slows down, and seems to do it now slower than before too.

So, is there something I've missed? Are there any other actions that cause massive memory leakage? Are there GUI commands I should be avoiding at all costs? Pausing units, perhaps? Or something else?

Any help anyone?

Level 6
it seems one of your triggers causes leaking on and on causing always new leaks...

well its hard to say what exactly your problem is because sources of leaks are existing mass and every trigger could cause this...

mostly it are special effects that you dont destroy or units from a created unit group or pick-unit functions.

well, thats all i can say for now... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.