• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Memory leaks? - please assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey, i was digging up an older map of mine, age of summoners, downloadable from this site.

I have optimised some of the triggers, fixed some here and there, but i keep running into one and the same problem over and over.

When the game starts all is well, everything runs like it should, and all triggers work well.
But later on in the game, after a while, when there are more units ingame, more triggers already fired, and more variables stored, some triggers stop running.
Per example, when a hero dies, i triggered a nice death message telling you whom died, who killed and howmuch bounty was given. At start it works, but somewhere along the line it just stops showing up, for a to me unknown reason.

I can remember reading something about memory leaks earlier, and was thinking this might have something to do with it... does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.