• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] memory could not be read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, this specific trigger crashes the game when it gets executed:
upload_2019-3-25_19-18-39.png

With the error of the Thread: "memory could not be 'read '"

This trigger is related to this another one:
upload_2019-3-25_19-20-14.png

If I disable the first trigger shown, the crash does not occur. The second trigger is executed by other triggers in a similar way, and there is no crash.

I guess it is something I am missing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-25_19-17-55.png
    upload_2019-3-25_19-17-55.png
    443 KB · Views: 25
Level 3
If anyone is wandering why I would do this, to check if a computer controlled unit is being issued an action on a unit that is out of sight range for the computer player. If the unit never issues the order, it is becouse it is out of sight (I already tested that and it works)

SOLVED: I just found the error, I used an array that was not yet set to a unit :p The game was like "you are ordering me to right click a unit that is not set"

my bad

EDIT 2: Nope, still crashes. It just crashes later, but crashes

Last edited:
Level 3
This trigger assigns the value for "MisionFaccion"
upload_2019-3-25_21-7-26.png

The weird part is that, as you may see, I made an action to display the name of the Player (MisionFaccion(MisionID)) which I set up in the same trigger a few lines above. In game, no name displays :eek:

So that is being the problem (MisionFaccion is not being correctly set up), but I dont get why. I tried already changing from Triggering unit to casting unit, but same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.