• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Melting Valley | Dom v1.0

Maybe you know the gametype domination from shooters. This map is the same for warcraft. On the map there are some strategic locations which you need to claim and hold as long as possible. To win, you need to reach a certain amount of points which you get by holding the bases.

You play the units from standard games, at the start you get your headquarters and 4 or 5 worker units to build up a base.
This map was based on the Melting Valley map by blizzard.

"After a large snowstorm the snow began to melt and left the valley inundated. Therefore, murlocs have settled here, and they want to claim the treasures of the ogres, gnolls, and trolls. Now it's your turn to thaw your mind while exploring the area, and I hope your skills are not frozen." - Blizzard

Other information: This map is fully compatible to roc and tft. The game takes about 10 - 20 minutes. This map isn't protected right now . . . perhaps this is a mistake. There is no ai included, if you play against ai it will just run the standard script. If anyone wants to code one, contact me. This map was made using only the gui, but as it is not highly complex I think you will survive it.

Version 1.0
First public release.

Please test, comment, suggest and critisize.

Keywords:
warcraft, 3, domination, altered, melee, gametype, ice, snow, awesome, fun, strategy, Star Wars, Jedi, Knight, Star Craft, Bob Marley, John Lennon, no
Contents

Melting Valley | Dom v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
23:16, 11th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 6
Type: Altered Melee, Melee, Strategy / Risk

There should be only one type. I know what it says on the map uploading page, but thats ye olden rules.

Moderation

Melting Valley | Dom v1.0
Created by Blue (deepbluesea) ; Uploaded by: deepbluesea

Map Presentation is ok, credits are given to blizzard as well so it's ok!

Other information: This map is fully compatible to roc and tft. The game takes about 10 - 20 minutes. This map isn't protected right now . . . perhaps this is a mistake. There is no ai included, if you play against ai it will just run the standard script. If anyone wants to code one, contact me. This map was made using only the gui, but as it is not highly complex I think you will survive it.
Nah, protection won't save you from professional map makers... This way people can learn from your map and that's really great!
Oh some triggers have leaks (location/point leak) but that isn't big deal because those triggers won't be activated more than 100 times per game!
Still if you decided to improve map, take care, and start cleaning them!
I like idea, like how you created this!

Still it can be epic if you add some game options:
-Pick point limit
-Pick difficulty
-Add special things like snow (slow all units), rain (regenerate all units faster and so on)
-Add more game modes (capture the flag and so on)

Nah I won't bother ya anymore, here you go!
Map status: Approved
Good job dude, have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/