• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee AI; increased food limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi! I'm trying to set up a basic melee map but have the food limit increased to 300. I've noticed that the AI will not create armies larger than their original limit, and I'm wondering it there's a way to make them build more?

I tried looking over the AI Editor but it doesn't seem like it has a quick solution to the problem. If anyone has a simple solution I'd love any help you can give. :)

Thanks!

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
No simple solution to this problem. The AI was made to only build units up to 100 food. You will have to create a custom AI, that has a build order for up to 300 food.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can try modifying the melee AI scripts. These JASS scripts can be extracted from the game data MPQs using MPQ edit and then modified in a text editor.

The idea would be to change the army composition logic so that it either uses a new set of constant numbers appropriate for a 300 food cap (easy to do even with limited to no JASS knowledge), or that it dynamically scales the numbers based on the maximum food cap (more complex, might not even be possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.