• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval:TotalWar v1.54B

Contents

Medieval:TotalWar v1.54B (Map)

Level 4
Description:

The map is design to give the player an interesting view of the gameplay. Such as the new size for the buildings, this is intended to give the player abit of realism to the building size and area. Mainly what I am trying to do is to give the player two options. 'One, become a conquering lord, who wishes to fight for glory and power or, be a peaceful neutral lord who wants nothing but peace and only glory for his people. Now, far as building up a creative town, you have many buildings to choose from. I am at the moment still working on getting more doodads buildings in the game so the players can mess with them and try to build the best and most creative castle or town in the game. So, that a player who is (Fighting for power and glory) can come by and destroy it all. Lol!, well, I just hope that if you do create a nice town, I hope that you will have guards. Guards to a city is most needed, because I sure hell would not want to spend 2 hours working on a nice city and all sudden its gets destroyed by a player.

Money = power! and power, all players love. You can have the biggest (Army) in this game and yet, you can still not win. It does not really matter of how large of an army that you can train, but its all about the tactics and movement orders that you give to your troops on the field. For example: I have fought this one player, he was blue...(Canada in fact). He took one of my expanding areas, although I cleard out the area first and then he came and thinking that "Okay, red is a low tech level than i am, I am sure that I can kill him if he tried to do anything). Blue had an army of 150 men, I had an army of 50 men. His tech level was 5, my was 3, and I retook the area back and then he threanten me to back off because he thought that was his town but by right it was my town because I took it first. So, of course me and him went to war over that and well, yeah, I did win. I won't lie, I won only by a hair, and believe it or not, it was very interesting. He had no siege what so ever, and then I brought in much needed siege engines and pretty much just wiped him clean from off the map. He learn a great lesson there, "DON'T THREANTEN THE CREATOR".

There are these buildings in the game known as "University's" You need these buildings order to tech up further in the ages. There are 7 ages, and with in each age there are othere levels of buildings as for example: "Barracks (Level 1), which trains troops of level 1 Axeman. It is optional to upgrade the level 1 barracks to a level 2, but I would prefer to upgrade the barracks instead of training a level 2 worker to build a level 2 barracks. Once upgraded or rebuilt, you have new level troops awaiting to be trained. Also, there are othere levels of defenses, walls, other style of walls. But, you only get the highest and most epic walls on age 5. If you like playing the game with out really fighitng awhole lot, then I would recommand trying this mod out. There are quite afew things to enjoy when your just building structures and making your castle look good. Now, if your the type that loves to fight, fighting for power and glory. Then, this would be the mod for you, this mod has a good mix of "Rome Total War", "Medieval: Total War" and also "Risk". Also, some players say its like also Age of empires, Civ 3, and afew other games. But, I like to think of this mod as my own mod and idea of what I believe what it should be like.

I have had some complaints about bandits (that guard the towns) to hard to kill. Well, this has all changed and now the bandits are so easy...You can just slap them and they will fall down. THATS HOW EASY THEY ARE. (Not really but a good idea) The towns in this mod are...Interesting how I would put it, they are made up of gold mines. Well, I figured that since I could not create triggers, I thought of the idea of just turning the gold mine into a City hall, a building that takes part of a role of as the main building for the towns that you conquer. Mainly all you do is send your workers in to collect the goods and bring it back to the fort. Now, there is something new in this version, and that is "Items" for your hero. They are scatterd through out the map so this way it gives you a goal and adventure. There are some very powerful items for your hero and keep in mind that the item is heavyly guarded by bandits, won't be easy to obtain. If you do obtain the item then I salute you! because to my belief, its well worth trying to get to benefit your character and its stats.

Food, there is a food limit in this mod. Reason? the amount of units. Not all players have a Super T-1000 computer that is just so xtremely powerful and ultra elite in the world. So, I had to make it so that there is a limit to the units that is being created in the world. Must understand this, because I would rather play in a game that less lag and then playing in a wasteful game that is lagging up the ass so much that you cannot even move the screen or even the mouse. So, I had to do what I had to do, and that is to create a food limit to the game so it would be less lag in the game, not much more I could say about this but if you don't wish to play in a mod that has food limit then don't download this, but I do recommand that you least try this mod out first. Each unit has 1 of food, and the max food limit is 300. With only 2 groups, I do fine, and in fact, with the new settings that I have for the bandits, I should do even more better than just fine. Also, while I am talking about the food limit, I like to mention also that the building path for the housing is better...Also for all the other buildings I have fixed them to so that it would save you some build space.

Towers and Walls, each player has new towers and walls that they can build in this medieval bloody world. Each tower has its very on advantage, and, disadvantage. How so? well the first tower is "Stone Archer Tower" this tower is the first of its kind to enter this medieval bloody world, it allows you to place 1 archer that has 1000 hitpoints, reason of this is because ITS ON A TOWER. So, its like the archer is taking cover while being shot at, so this makes a good advantage from other archers. Also, the "Stone Archer Tower" cannot be upgraded but once you have reach the next tech age, you are given the option to build "Stone Archer Tower (Level 2)" You can have 2 archers instead of 1. The next tower is called "Stone Ballista Tower" This tower shoots very deadly on target, never misses, and load time is sorta fast but not to godlike fast. The damage to the ballista tower is very deadly and so it makes up a good defenseive tower for all castles. Next tower is "Stone Catapult Tower" this tower is very deadly, when on impact, it makes a very strikeing blow to any army that comes close to it. This tower down side is that it can miss targets, and its load time is slow. But, although the load time is slow, this tower does do splash damage, it has a very large splash and this what makes up for its missis. So, this tower makes a very good tower for the upcoming battles and sieges. Next tower is "Stone Cannon Tower" this tower is very deadly just like the catapult tower, it can do just the same amount of damage as the catapult tower but just abit more, and also has a deadly aim hit just like the Ballista tower, never missis its target, and also has a splash damage but is small. The load time is VERY SLOW, and that is its downside to this tower.

Quest Menu, thoughs of you that are new to this mod, READ the quest menu by pusing the F9 key, or clicking the quest menu button, located at the top left of your screen. Also, keep this in mind that there is diplomacy in this, you can use the ally commands for example -ally red and -unally red. Creating alliances in this mod is very important, as it is a good tactic to do to keep your ass alive just alittle longer. Also, if your having problems view the game, you can use the zoom out command by typeing -zoom. This will view your screen to the center of the map and then you can move back to your area for better viewing. If this does not give enough viewing then let me know on here or send me a e-mail at [email protected] and I'll make it bigger. Also, keep this in mind that your "HERO" can be revived, so if your hero died in combat, you revive him at the offiers builds which is built by a "Military Worker". Military worker? Aye, there are 3 type of workers in this mod and they are, "Military Worker" which builds miltary buildings such as barracks, stables, officer building, towers and a few others I forgot. Next on the list is "Township Worker" these workers build town buildings such as Stone Craftsman, Bowyer Craftsman, Blacksmith and Shipyard (Which I think should be a Military building). There are afew more township buildings but don't need to speak them all, anways, next is your wall builders, there not called wall builders but something else, I forgot that to Hehe, they build a number type of amount of walls, also other township structures such as a Waterwell or something.

Other than that, this is about massive armys, bloody adventures! and most of all...Power! So, grab your sword and go fight the horde!

Last edited:
Level 4
I don't have attitude, is that what you read in the description? because if it is then don't read the description the wrong way, when you see big letters, its only because I am trying to get the word across the table because sometimes, players just don't listen. I am the type of person who wants to get the word across the table and make sure the other person on the end understands where I am coming from. Because when you spend 4 years on a project such as this (Just for little idea that I am telling the truth about the 4 year thing here is a link back in 2003 http://maps.worldofwar.net/ Search for Medieval), I am sure you would feel the same way as I do, in this mod the player needs to have a open mind and not "think" they should win by sending in 6 petty troops all the time. It does not work that way in this mod, I don't baby players by giving them easy taskes, no sir. I design this mod to give it all I got to give them a challenge, although its not much a challenge now, but when I am done with another project (A whole new total war mod) is done, the war has only begun.

This mod "Medieval: Total War" is nothing compairing what I am building now. This new mod, has new units, new buildings, new tech and a real map of Europe.
I just hope that I have some supporters out there willing to help me out when needed, I do need some models made for this new mod but if i cant get any made, then i'll have to do with what I got to work with on wc3sear.ch, and hope some models i do need will appear. I would explain on here what I need but I don't wish to speak about it in public just yet. If there is any good model makers out there did try out this medieval total war and would like to help me out on this new total war mod, then give me a e-mail [email protected] thanks.