• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Med'an

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Currently I'm making a WOW related map and needed Med'an(The son between Medivh and Garona) model.
But there wasn't a detailed version of it, so I made one based on WOW NightElf T1 Warrior.

CREDITS: Base NE warrior model - Ddahe @cafe.naver.com/ddahe
CREDITS: Hair - Misha @https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/medan.292432/#resource-71874

I only needed Stand, Walk, Attack animation. So simplified Death animation greatly and removed spell animations.
Hope this would help someone someday.

------------------------------

Edit 2017.12.11.
- Added Team color and hero glow.
- Added Spell, Spell Slam, Death & Dissipate animation.
- Added Collision.
- Added Event Objects(Dissipate sound, Footprints)

- Removed NightElf Eye Glowing effect.
------------------------------
Edit 2017.12.15.
- Fixed Spell Animations so that end key frame returns to starting key frame's position.

Feel free to use, but DO NOT FORGET TO CREDIT Ddahe & Misha !
Previews
Contents

HeroMedan (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Edited WOW models do not quite fit into wc3, but I can see effort you put into it. However, I cannot approve it and this will go into substandard.
Sorry Misha,

I didn't ask. My bad.
It's too late but will you please let me use your work? the hair part of your Med'an model.
If you say no, then i'll delete this thread and not use it in my map.
its fine o3o but i dunno if the model itself is approve-able. WoW models always look kinda awkward, comparing to war3 ones

Level 10
Didn't Misha already make an amazing Med'an model with in game textures and not shitty WoW textures and animations? o.o Don't mean to knock your model but its basically all WoW assets which I doubt will get approved.

Level 30
Didn't Misha already make an amazing Med'an model with in game textures and not shitty WoW textures and animations? o.o Don't mean to knock your model but its basically all WoW assets which I doubt will get approved.

Well i make Models with Wow Animations. The Rest is selfmade and such models get approved, if done in the right way.

Level 14
its fine o3o but i dunno if the model itself is approve-able. WoW models always look kinda awkward, comparing to war3 ones
Because they are akward :v, mostly because of very dull animations wow has and they dont fit the artstyle at all(WoW abomination is terrible in comparison to Wc3 and not in like good way that it makes it terrifying, it looks goofy xD)
@Hyunrai You could...."draenei-ize" him a little bit more, maybe edit the texture and face's wrap and mesh a bit so he doesnt look like wow's night elf...
And hair could be improved, atleast with the wrap...

For now i will give it 3 stars :v