• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mecha Wheel Shooter

One of the main defenders of the Mechanica Race.
Mecha Wheel Shooter - A powerful shooter that was made from metal scraps and was programmed to defend the citizens of Mechanica from the Eliminators.

MY FIRST UNIT MODEL!

Use the model for the non- team colored
Use the portrait for the team colored
Both already have their own internal portraits :)

update: made the team color on the portrait model better :)

update: Added attachment points to the model head, over head, left hand, right hand, origin and chest. :) Also adjusted some effects.

Please give credits if used :D
and some credits to my cousin frozenturon16 lol

Keywords:
bisnar13, turon, frozen, 16, bisnar, Jasper, Nico, Machine, Gunner, Gunman, Mech, Mechanical, Machine, gun, Wheel, Gulong, Robot, Robotics, Mechanica,
Contents

Mecha Wheel Shooter (Model)

Mecha Wheel Shooter (Model)

Reviews
18:48, 3rd Nov 2012 -Grendel: a rather fine model. good filesize and polycount for spammability.

M

18:48, 3rd Nov 2012
-Grendel: a rather fine model. good filesize and polycount for spammability.

It's cute! And creative! You should make a worker version of this; replacing the guns with crowbars and wrenches. I really like this, it's different from what I normally see here on hive. It's efficient, too; only 34 kb with two models. I think it would be better to have the teamcolored version be the normal model, and the non-teamcolored version be the portrait, to prevent confusion when people expect teamcolor, and don't expect the "portrait" to be the same model with teamcolor. Doesn't matter much, though.

I'm giving you a 3/5. You could maybe improve the guns, wrap a different texture to them and re-shape them. Rifleman gun is one of the worst-looking guns in the game; you coulda at least ripped the marine's gun instead.

Anyway, if you make your own guns, instead of using ripped rifleman guns, I'll raise my rating to a 4/5. Not to say it's bad; I love it. But rifleman guns don't look so good, and I'm also interested in seeing what sort of guns you'll make on your own.

Last edited:
Level 12
The filesize is small and it is rather "cute".

The no team color -part slightly limits its usage (imagine a spam map with 8 players) and I can't view the animations atm.

3/5.

PS:
1lSVo

The filesize is small and it is rather "cute".

The no team color -part slightly limits its usage (imagine a spam map with 8 players) and I can't view the animations atm.

3/5.

PS:
1lSVo
if you have read the description, the portrait model is team colored, lol, thanks anyway

edit: yey! approved :)

and btw it already has an internal portrait. :)

Last edited: