• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mdx To Blp Converter for Macintosh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
but then how would i change a model into a skin so that i could just replace it eventually with a skin... Because ive seen a converter that does .blp to .mdx for mac......

Level 6
Models and skins cannot be converted into one another. They are fundamentally different things in the context of Warcraft. A model is the 3d shape and movement of a character. The skin is the 2d image that colors its polygons.

So you want something that converts from BLP to TGA, maybe?

Level 15
Models and skins cannot be converted into one another. They are fundamentally different things in the context of Warcraft. A model is the 3d shape and movement of a character. The skin is the 2d image that colors its polygons.

So you want something that converts from BLP to TGA, maybe?

err umm thats not nessarly true

GRP files (used in starcraft and daiabl 1,2) are modules and exetures and anamation made up of texture files

so thereicatly one coud convert a module into a texture but really its impossable to go backwards (unless using grp)

Level 4
I think what he meant is repathing the texture?

anyway if you want to make the model a skin then I suppose you run a model in magos or wc3viewer press the printscreen button and paste it in your paint save it, then convert it to blp

Level 14
err umm thats not nessarly true

GRP files (used in starcraft and daiabl 1,2) are modules and exetures and anamation made up of texture files

so thereicatly one coud convert a module into a texture but really its impossable to go backwards (unless using grp)

bshit... starcraft, diablo 1 and 2 use 2D sprites for everything... there are NO 3d models (the sprites are renderings of 3d models)

Level 11
@DesKaladA Starcraft grp's are sprites
Sprites are a whole bunch of 2d images.
Models are (in theory) a 3d image stored in a computer which can be used to generate a 2d image which our eyes perceive as 2d.

Status
Not open for further replies.