• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maximum MB limit and performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,

I want to use the UTM4 as my base project for a very big RPG. The map alone with the imported models is like 40mb. But i'll need to import many things so it will raise a bit more. Does the MB count of the map do something with the performance of the map while playing? So more mb more lag? What is the maximum MB limit to be playable?

Level 3
124mbs is the limit.

More MBs can make the map take longer to load and obviously people with worse computers will have more issues with more graphical intensive maps, but the thing with the most affect on performance is the quality of your triggers not your mb size.

Level 3
can u explain that a bit more? what would be good triggers and what would be bad triggers?

Triggers that are poorly optimized or leak, loops that don't exit properly, spell triggers that don't delete their dummy units correctly. There are many tutorials you can look up that'll tell you about what does and what doesn't leak. The biggest offenders are Point Locations and Unit Groups though.

Status
Not open for further replies.