• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Max_Cola's Footmen Wars *Updated*

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Max_Cola's Footmen Wars *Updated* (Map)

Level 4
There may be some bugs in this map. If anybody finds any please post them here.
P.S. I did NOT give any credit for models. If I used a model that you made and you would like credit I would have no problem with updating the map to have quest credits.

Level 22
Terrain: 5/5
Implementation of models and spells: 5/5 very well done.
Variety: 1/5

No strategy, especially since your footmen only have ONE upgrade. If a player looses the initial encounter, the game is lost for them. Why? because the item shop is in the center of the map, where players being seiged cant get to. Its common footmap wars strategy that if you start falling behind in upgrades, going all items helps balancing things out. Players cant do that here. No defense towers....that means whoever wins the initial skirmish has a straight shot to the enemy town hall, making for 3-minute matches.

Although keeping things simple is a good thing for quick learning curves, it wasnt done very well here.
If you put as much effort into the gameplay as you did the terrain and resourses, this would be one helluva map.

Given the simplicity of this map, making a fully functioning AI would be incredibly easy. It would only take 2 extra triggers...3 of you want them to research stuff...why did you not do that? Being such a huge file size, that would be nessecasy to fill empty slots, since full house games would be next to impossible on b.net.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
i thought i gave them four upgrades, strength:damage, dexterity:attack speed, agility:movement speed and endurance:hitpoints. I thought about making towers but couldn't think of any good tower ideas, also my repair unit does not have any work animations, the repair ability i changed to use attack animation and I couldn't figure out how to do that with building. I can add an item shop in each base or on the four sides of the map. As for AI, I don't know how to make trigger AI, also my trigger that eliminates empty slots also eliminates computer, I think. The filesize might be so big due to the fact that I use WEU and always use advanced triggers, abilites, items and for this map I also enabled advanced upgrades. I am not sure that these features add to the file size though.
I will work on a new version that adds some more heroes I've been working on and hopefully adresses most of these problems.

Level 22
You still seem confused on what theme you are trying to create. You got mideival style footmen and futuristic guys with machine guns. Your attempt to use only costom models really kills the file size. But that wont effect any score from me. I suggest using different icons for the upgrades. People are too used to seeing those normal unit command ones that they may pass them over as not being upgrades.

Adding AI in this would be extremely easy. Check out my footman wars map in the choice section and look at the triggers if you want to know how to. Its unprotected.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
I've given up on this map. It was a miracle i even finished this much. I have started many maps ,but I just can't seem to completely finish any. It's probably 'cause I'm a perfectionist. If anybody wants to take this map or anything in that I have done feel free to because I dont plan on adding any more work to it.