• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Max mana and movement questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop!
I mean to create a turn-based RPG map, and so I have some questions. It is possible that they were already asked on this forum, but I could't find it.

Firslt, is there a way to make unit unable to move? I mean, not stun it or something, but completely delete the ability to move via right-click order. And removing all move icons from interface? If not, any ideas on how to make it work and look good? What I need actually is a normal hero moving around the map, but, when fighting, she will be teleported to the set battleground (hex-based) and made unable to move. But, on her turn, she would be able to use a spell-like ability targeting a free tile after what the trigger would give her her move ability back and order to move to given point immobilising aftewards again.

The other problem is that I mean to make every unit have Action Points which will inable them to use their skills and move. These points would be like mana in normal warcraft. They would have a cap of some sort, but it would be able to give yourself some points with skills or items thus increasing the cap. Getting to the point: is there a way of not showing the max mana on the mana bar? I mean, instead of showing 100/100, the game would simply show 100?

Thanks in advance!

Level 16
You can use SetUnitPropWindow(unit u, 0) to disable the unit's movement temporarily. However, remember to save it beforehand with GetUnitPropWindow(unit u). Set back to the original value to enable movement again. You can't black out the command card except for pausing it though.

About the mana, I don't think there is a way to do so.

Level 6
Thanks, I'll try this with movement.

Since I can't remove the icons temporarily, can one remove the Patrol icon? Move and Stop are okay. I remember there was something else too, but I can't remember now. I just want to delete the useless ones. Can I do so?

Level 29
I just tested 1 move speed works well.
I'll test 0.
Infact it seems that 1 or 0 doesn't make many changes.
In both case you can turn, cast spell, attack.

That's good to know but did u make sure the unit can't move ? With 1 it will still move. The thing is how long is it supposed to be still ? If the unit isn't supposed to move for a long time then even a 1 movement speed may screw things up. Also does a 0 movement speed actually stop the unit

Status
Not open for further replies.