• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Max item charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys

I need to make different item classes have different maxium charges. For example, perment item class have 20 max charges, while artifact have 100 max charges. Any ideas on how to do it?

Level 7
I'm not sure if there's a hard limit or not but you can Shift+Click an Object Editor value and sometimes break the limit.

Eg. Normall you can't set Hero STR/AGI/INT below 1, however if you shift click it you can set it to 0.

Level 4
Yea but i want them not to gain anymore charges when they reach the cap. My problem is i dont know how to set a cap on how many charges an item can have

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I would recommend you to use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-279/ids-infinite-number-item-classes-162448/ to create classes for different charges and use a modified custom charge system to add charges to the item up to a certain limit.

To do so, you will have to modify the charge system checking what item class ( created with IDS) is manipulated and then what maximum of charges is allowed. That maximum you will save in your map initialization in a variable, recommended with array.
Item charge systems can be found in the spell section.

Status
Not open for further replies.