• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Unholy Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I made the mass unholy frenzy trigger a while back, however it no longer works :(

I scoured the coding and even tried making a new dummy unit to no avail.

Is there a more venerable trigger-er out there who can see any issues?

• BSpeech
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Black Speech
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet BSpeech_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set VariableSet BSpeech_Tempp = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set VariableSet BSpeech_i = (Level of (Ability being cast) for BSpeech_Caster)
      • Set VariableSet BSpeech_Tempug = (Units within (300.00 + (50.00 x (Real(BSpeech_i)))) of BSpeech_Tempp matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Matching uni
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BSpeech_Tempp)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BSpeech_Tempug and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet BSpeech_Picked = (Picked unit)
          • Set VariableSet BSpeech_Tempp = (Position of BSpeech_Picked)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy2 for (Owner of BSpeech_Caster) at BSpeech_Tempp facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set VariableSet BSpeech_Tempu = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Dummy: Black Speech to BSpeech_Tempu
          • Unit - Set level of Dummy: Black Speech for BSpeech_Tempu to BSpeech_i
          • Unit - Order BSpeech_Tempu to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy BSpeech_Picked
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to BSpeech_Tempu
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BSpeech_Tempp)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_BSpeech_Tempug)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You don't need to Create a new Point/Dummy for each Picked unit. If properly setup, a single Dummy unit can cast a spell on any number of units at the "same time".

Also, use If Then Else statements to filter through your unit group, it's much nicer than using the (Matching unit) crap.

I've got some examples in here:

Regarding your issue, you can debug it by checking if units are actually in the unit group or not. A text message displaying unit group count will suffice. Then if no units are being added to your unit group you can narrow it down to either BSpeech_Tempp is wrong, BSpeech_i is wrong (its not), or your Unit Group filters are wrong. Another potential issue would be if you have a trigger that runs when a unit casts the same Unholy Frenzy ability as your Dummy.

Last edited:
Level 5
Tried to make some changes but they did not work.

Ended up switching out the skill for a new one using 'Incite Unholy Frenzy' which has the same effect. It even works out better having to sacrifice a unit.

But i will most definitely be using the AOE bloodlust spell. Thanks a bunch for your time. Youre a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.