• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mario Kart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So yeah I started this a couple of months ago and took a few weeks off of it and now I started back up again. Its getting there, I'd say about 50% done. But here it is. If you want to play it use mario and luigi only. The other characters won't work with items but they will move.

not a whole lot of environment/cosmetic stuff added yet just half the track and most of the triggers so it wont look nice n pretty. Its also not gay as hell like the other mario kart games out there which totally suck so its really worth trying out IMO. youll be pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

• MarioKartTest.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah this isnt actually too bad to be honest, you have done quite a good job.

Things that could be improved:
-Kart Size: its a gokart not a car.
-Kart Animations: the wheels dont move, makes it look like its floating.
-TrackBoundarys: Need to put in physical boundaries as the slow grass does not stop shortcutting it.
-TrackVariety: Need some ontrack boosts, more hills, jumps and bumps.
-Multiple Courses: Probably a beginner, medium and expert tracks etc.
-Engine Smoothing: A bit of tweaking could be done with the engine reguarding accelleration etc.
-Beautification: yeah i saw that you said you havent yet put it in yet but obviously it will make it look a whole lot better when there is trees and waterfalls and castles etc.

Goodluck with the project i hope to see more of this in the future.

Level 2
Yeah this isnt actually too bad to be honest, you have done quite a good job.

Things that could be improved:
-Kart Size: its a gokart not a car.
-Kart Animations: the wheels dont move, makes it look like its floating.
-TrackBoundarys: Need to put in physical boundaries as the slow grass does not stop shortcutting it.
-TrackVariety: Need some ontrack boosts, more hills, jumps and bumps.
-Multiple Courses: Probably a beginner, medium and expert tracks etc.
-Engine Smoothing: A bit of tweaking could be done with the engine reguarding accelleration etc.
-Beautification: yeah i saw that you said you havent yet put it in yet but obviously it will make it look a whole lot better when there is trees and waterfalls and castles etc.

Goodluck with the project i hope to see more of this in the future.

Hey thanks for the feedback.. Im done with most of the triggers so Ill start working on the barricades, doodads, hills, jumps, etc real soon.

I just need input on one thing. The car has 3 stats. Power, Turn Rate, and Acceleration Rate. As of now Power does nothing but I was thinking of making it a stat to where it makes your car "heavier". I haven't added it in yet but I was thinking when 2 cars collide the one with more power would knock the other one off to the side. This would add a lot to the fun factor of the game because you could knock people into things such as banannas and other obstacles on the track.

So whoever of the 2 colliding cars had the least power would get knocked over to a certain direction and the greater the power difference the farther the knockback. I originally had it to where I had Maximum Speed as a stat but I think power might be better. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.