• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

marine problems [help needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am making a map called marine defense i have just about finished but i need some help

first of all when i load my map up it sys somthing like could not load: /critters/marine and some more suff like that so i would please like to know how can i fix this beacause in the game you only see a shadow and in the map maker you see a green checkered box and the marine file is not imported. could that be beacause i have imported files any way can i please have a soulution.

and how do you make a timer so it shows how long to victory and can somone please tell me what the trigger for timed victory is. {in exact trigger please]

Level 3
wouldn't it be Units\Critters\Marine\Marine.mdx
Anyway a timer till victory , Thats easy! Feel free to follow along with my simple step by step instructions.
"I make triggering fun!"
First your event:
time - game time expired (or what ever that ting is called) 1 second
Second your conditions:
Now for a normal timer with no extra catches you don't need any conditions so follow me to step 3.
Third your actions:
Countdowntimer - start timer
now for your "timer" you need a veriable so click on "timer" then click edit veriables. Then hit the first X (i think it's called create) and for the top bar call it Victory_Timer then at the bottom scroll down the list of options and pick timer.
Then back to your trigger click your new Veriable to take the place of the "timer". Then say for it to run for how ever long you want it to run for.
New Action:
Now under Countdown timer - say create window for last started timer (you pick Victory_Timer).
New Action:
The find set veriables (it sould be by the top of the list of actions) and make a new veriable called Victory_Window and do the same as to timer but set it as timer window.
Now on the second part of the trigger say equals last created window.

New Trigger (put this one right beneath the one we just did).
Events:
timer- timer expires equal to Victory timer
Conditions:
no conditions required
Actions:
game - Give victory to (who ever you want)
New action:
game - Give defeat to (who ever you want)
Okay that's it now you can change it to suit your purpose and if you have any question just ask or if you have no idea what I just said pm me and I'll explain it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.