• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map's header?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
First of all this is in the wrong section, it should be in the World Editor Help section ( could a mod move this? ).
Secondly the header is a place where you can add JASS script that will be added to the maps .j file before any other triggering.
You can find it by clicking on the icon/name of your map that is found at the top of all your triggers in the trigger editor.

Level 4
Map Header is a trigger (in JASS) that run as the first, it doesn't really needed except you want to put something before the Map Initialization and it's very rare

I only use this to set variable like 'set hero<0000 ge>=H_Aszael' for my project now, else? NO

Level 9
The custom script Header is not another trigger believer, and it is used for alot more than variable setups. The most common use is for system script e.G local handle variables ( or another type of Cache System ), Vex's Caster System ect.
The header is basicaly a section for functions that are use repeatedly in different places and allows you to avoid forward referancing.

Level 2
Thank you, now i'm understanding.
If i'm not wrong, the header code in the .j file is after this?:

//***************************************************************************
//*
//* Custom Script Code
//*
//***************************************************************************

But now i'm confused. I was reading something and it says that the map's header is apart from the MPQ file of the map.
How is that?

Level 9
Yup thats the where it starts and it ends at
Code:
//*
//* Triggers
//*
And it is apart of the mpq because its a part of the .j file in the mpq... But thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.