• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map wont unprotect. Error Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey i use ExtProtect and for some reason when i try to unportect my map it says. Error unprotecting the map: unable to access files in map archive! What does that mean? My game is lost? Curropted? Please help.

Level 2
Hey gay retarted noob. Ive used this program before, i use the same password every time, i know the password, im not a noob. So dont post anything that doesnt support the subject that people host, cause i didnt want your gay opinion. I wanted advice if there was, or wasnt a way to fix this problem.

Level 2
The bottom line is, this is my game, the map file name is called, Pirates ahoy 2.5 I know the password, i have it WRITTEN down. Either this thing did somthing to my map, or its a windows vista security problem. Ive protected and uprotected my map before. Used same pass every time. Every time i run world editor i run it as administrator. This is my map, i created the file my self, and placed the file in C:\program files\warcraft 3\maps\favorites
(Favorites is a folder that i made so when i play warcraft all my games that i like will be in favorites, instead for seraching for it in download.) Anyways, I understand the text "Use this at your own risk" But come on, you can ask ion_lash, 2007b-rad, hadoken, on US east. Or check the epic war and it will say. Author popupupop. I dont know why this is happening now i do the same thing i always do protecting and unprotecting my map. So if you dont wana help me fine, caues i understand that i use this at my own risk.

Level 8
Hey gay retarted noob. Ive used this program before, i use the same password every time, i know the password, im not a noob. So dont post anything that doesnt support the subject that people host, cause i didnt want your gay opinion. I wanted advice if there was, or wasnt a way to fix this problem.

Care to explain what the program is? It sounds like you're using HeavyLocker; an extremely inadvisable and unstable program. It tends to kill maps.

Regardless of your idiotic purpose for deprotecting a map, it's not supported. Sure, if I didn't know how, I could come here and say "omg my map was broken when protecting, how can I deprotect it ?!11," and voila, another nub loose on protected maps.
I personally don't support protecting maps, but I respect an author's decision to do so and I will by all means do my best not to unleash potential map-ruiners on their maps, if that's their wish.

By the way, when asking for help, it's generally not a good idea to call someone "Hey gay retarted noob." Most people would be offended. I won't be, though, because I couldn't give a shit what some 11 year old whining on a forum thinks. :)

im not a noob.

Says who?

i didnt want your gay opinion.

It wasn't an opinion. It was a statement of fact. You can't use some shitty nub program to deprotect a map and open it (most of the time).

By the way, when you post on a public forum, crying and whining for help, you're asking for people's opinions. Don't shoot down a statement because you don't agree with it, when you asked for that statement. Especially if said statement is true.

Also, don't double post, fool.

Level 2
Yea yea whatever, first of all. Im using XctProtect. Not heavy lock. Second. I fixed the problem. And no your opinion wasnt a fact. Thanks for throwing uneeded comments at me, so dont say, im tryin to unprotect a map that isnt mine. Anyways i fixed the problem, i can edit my map again. Thankyou.

Level 25
Ban you? Why sure! I dislike your presence on my Internet and will act accordingly to remove you from at least one place

Oh, and by the way, you're a bloody noob with really lame excuses for attempting to hack into protected maps to access their data

So bugger off

Status
Not open for further replies.