• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map too large; KI doesn´t attack anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, i´m working on a 480x480 map for 12 Players. Everything works fine... but it seems that the KI´s won´t attack if an enemy player is too far away. So i want to know if i can do anything about that? Maybe a trigger or a new KI would solve the problem? I would greatly appreciate some help!

Level 2
Yes, exactly... at the moment i am using the standart AI's for each race... i was able to solve the problem a bit by using portals... but not completely...

So does anyone have an idea?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
"Künstliche Intelligenz" which is literally a word by word English to German translation of "Artificial Intelligence".

The problem is likely because the game was not designed for 480*480 maps (hence the limit in normal WE). You probably find the combat thinking process does not search beyond a certain area for enemies. You will need to make your own AI and find where the limit is being introduced exactly. You will then need to write a work around for the limit. It could literally be as simple as setting a field larger so it searches further.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well, I suppose you should simply order the units owned by the AI to attack-move to the enemy base unless there are creeps on the way that are targetable... that would be more intricate.
Moving armies is not that simple. It has to keep them grouped. It also has to get them to attack together. In SC2 you can see this in the form of attack waves which are ordered around and in WC3 they must have some similar object for AI movement.

Level 2
Well... i played the map already a few times... the standart AI's does attack each other... but the attacks need a lot of time. By using a complex Portal-system i hope to speed up the attacks a bit.
Besides the AI's make some really interesting and strange things... for example one time they met on an island for fighting creeps... and well...after that they were not able to leave the island by themselves and other AI's were sending their forces to fight the other ones on the island.

Does a visibility for a CPU really change something? Oo Never heard of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.