• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey, so I'm making a alt melee map with custom races, one is almost done, like 90%. But I don't have a terrain and I suck at making terrains. Can someone make me one? It doesn't need to be complex, it can be simple af as long as it's playable. No need to make it super fancy and stuff. Full credits will be given, you'll be even listed as a creator of the map.

N41

N41

Level 7
You can always use Blizzard's own maps!

Open your warcraft folder in that you will find 'Maps' folder

Inside the folder there are several map files (.w3m)

Pick any one you wish!

and then Open it in World Editor

And import all you Object Data into it so you don't have to work over your races again!

To import open object editor and then File>Import All Object Data

If you use Blizzard's map give credits to Blizzard

If you still need a custom made terrain you can find here

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You are quite frankly not giving enough details.

1. How big is your map, good luck getting someone to terrain a 200x200 map for you.
2. Does the import size need to be bellow 8 mb? (multiplayer only)
3. What's the theme for the map, terraining medieval fantasy in a modern-ish map is not exactly good.
4. Map type is important as well, you usually terrain a AOS map completely different from an RPG map.

There are terraining templates in the map section you could use that are quite good. Though they are only 64x64 so it wont be big enough for most maps.

Level 11
You can always use Blizzard's own maps!

Open your warcraft folder in that you will find 'Maps' folder

Inside the folder there are several map files (.w3m)

Pick any one you wish!

and then Open it in World Editor

And import all you Object Data into it so you don't have to work over your races again!

To import open object editor and then File>Import All Object Data

If you use Blizzard's map give credits to Blizzard

If you still need a custom made terrain you can find here

Do Blizzard allow that?

You are quite frankly not giving enough details.

1. How big is your map, good luck getting someone to terrain a 200x200 map for you.
2. Does the import size need to be bellow 8 mb? (multiplayer only)
3. What's the theme for the map, terraining medieval fantasy in a modern-ish map is not exactly good.
4. Map type is important as well, you usually terrain a AOS map completely different from an RPG map.

There are terraining templates in the map section you could use that are quite good. Though they are only 64x64 so it wont be big enough for most maps.

I need it to be big enought for 4 players. I already said, nothing fancy, just a normal melee map. The tileset theme doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.